Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Platypus47
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Body and upholstery protection.

Does this occur in the U.K. or elsewhere? I'm in Aus🇦🇺

"Congratulations on the order of your new Land Rover Discovery First Edition!

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Helen Long and I am the Vehicle Care Consultant at Rex Gorell Land Rover. My purpose is to advise you on the best way to protect your new Discovery.

I would be pleased if you would take the time to peruse the information in the attached brochures, as it discusses ways to help you protect your investment and ensure minimal maintenance is required and comes with a National Lifetime Warranty.

Protektiv Complete includes:
    The composition of Silica Dioxide (which is liquid glass that cures on the vehicle over 7 days) and Ceramic Compounds (this gives the product durability) creates a smooth as glass, tough as nails surface. This means reduced vehicle maintenance and eliminates the need to ever wax or polish your new Land Rover
    The revolutionary high gloss highly reflective glass like coating which was engineered in Germany is applied by hand. This provides a barrier against harmful UV and common environmental hazards such as bird and bat droppings, bug splatter, tree sap and general road grime and also results in abrasion resistant properties
    Boeing have Tested, Proven and Certified Protektiv paint surface coating. This means it meets Boeing stringent D6-17487 specifications
    Carpet protector provides a resilient, invisible and effective barrier against permanent staining from common food and liquid spills whilst being completely safe for you, your family and the environment
    Leather is treated with a concentrated lanolin treatment giving deep down moisturising protection and provides a highly effective barrier against the effects of UV such as discoloration, cracking and fading along with stain resistance. It also means you never need to use leather cleaners or conditioners. Just wipe with a damp cloth.
    Protektiv Maintenance Kit includes all your requirements for the complete care of your new vehicle

Protektiv comes with National Lifetime Warranty for $1649 Including GST and all Government Duties

Or Treatments available individually
    Protektiv Surface Coating+Maintenance Kit $1249 All with National Lifetime Warranty
    Full Interior Protektiv only $1090
    Please let me know if you have any further questions. I would love to help you with the protection and maintenance of your new Land Rover."

That's just under £1000
    I thought this kind of thing had died out in the eighties. I've bought 3 previous vehicles from this dealership and have never been offered this before here.
    It has lowered my opinion of them that they should feel the need to pad out their profits with this stuff.
    What are your opinions, comment etc?
  • ashields
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

In the UK it's normal to be offered a paint and upholstery protection product. My dealer offered Autoglym LifeShine at £350 as far as I can remember.

They are usually over priced for the product you get but I always take them as it's the easiest way to get the stuff applied on a perfectly clean car. The prospect of getting the car clean enough, and then dry enough to then apply polish and sealant etc just seems like a lot of time I could be doing something else.

I'm guessing this is just a more expensive version of the same, can't imagine it being 3 times better though.

I was also offered smart repair insurance for the first time on this car. £500 + £250 for alloy wheel insurance. I decided not to bother as in the last three years I've spent less than £200 with the local company I normally use for these sorts of repairs, and I've been running three cars.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum