Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Jacko
    Australia 

Legal Question

With all the issues that have been raised on here I am abit hesitant in using the Auto Park feature.

Who would be at falt if the car stacked into another car while in auto park mode.

I think world wide lots needs to be discussed to determine ownership and accountability.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Surely something like auto park is a "driver aid" not a "driver replacement". So, it is still the driver's responsibility to monitor the car and take the appropriate action to override the driver aid if a problem exists.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

The feature only steers the vehicle. Control of accelerator and brakes remain with the driver. As such, it is the driver who is in control.
  • Jacko
    Australia 

I've seen and read a lot of dumb things in my time. But yes you guys are right its all about who is in control of the vehicle. And I am positive each Country/State could have different laws regarding this matter. I know here in AUS if i am Censored (drunk) and sitting in the passenger seat. If I have the keys on my person I am still deemed to be in control of this vehicle.

I think we are going to see some interesting cases in the years to follow with autonomous vehicles. And maybe that has been the reason they are not as main stream as they should be. In this day and age.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum