Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Yet another breakdown

Mrs _f took the car to Cornwall today, or at least she tried. The car broke down with an engine warning light.

Land Rover assist attended, cleared all the fault codes saying, "these must be old" (are they not timestamped?) and told her to drive on.

Not very reassuring at all. I'm waiting on LR customer care giving me a call to explain themselves.
  • J77
    Scotland 

Not good.

Hopefully you don't wait too long for them to contact you.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Whats your mileage if you don't mind me asking??
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thumbs Up
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 

Not sure as I'm not certain how far she got first but in the region of 500 - 600 miles

She also reported smoke when she refuelled it after the breakdown. I asked if it was vapour and she was quite definite that it smoked. I wonder if the 2 things are related?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

What model do you have and engine size??
    Smoke from where the exhaust, engine bay or fuel tank Shocked
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 

From the fuel tank, coming out of the filler past the fuel nozzle. Presumably the "smoke" (whatever it turns out to be) was in the tank and was pushed out as the fuel was pumped in.

We have the 2L HSE. None of our added extras should affect the mechanicals, we only added privacy glass, the deplorable tow bar and inControl Secure.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Am pretty sure there was an earlier post on here with regards to the apparent smoking issue from the fuel tank a few weeks back. Yes your correct none of your accessories should affect the cars mechanicals as you say. Did the car loose power at all or go into limp mode when then engine management light came on?
    The 2 litre I got only had 650 miles on it when I got it and it was fine. Sad
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 

No noticeable loss of power. Just the light and a lot of worrying!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Hopefully nothing too serious if no loss of power. I have lost total confidence in my one now as has my Mrs who is refusing too drive it after yesterdays fiasco Shocked

Yes thats my main concern, what happens if it looses all power when overtaking or on a busy road or even worse it iself ignites due too the engine problems I am having Shocked
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 

I was quite wrong on the mileage. It had done 1075 miles.
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 

AA Fault report

An email has just arrived from AA describing their attendance at the car today. It contains the fault codes:

Quote:
    Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - 2S8 / Diesel CR/EDC MEDC 17.9 Status :P2610 - ECM/PCM internal engine shutoff. Error Message : Missing message. Historical fault.U008087 - Unknown fault. Error Message : . Status :U0402 - Transmission control unit. Error Message : Malfunction. Historical fault. Status :U0167 - CAN communication with immobiliser. Error Message : Malfunction. Historical fault. Status :P062F - EEPROM error. Error Message : Memory error. Error sporadic.have deleted fault codes.

Does any of that make sense to anyone?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I have a diagnostic tool scanner I got from eBay. Works on all cars. All the codes are generic, ie doesn't matter what the car is, the error code was the exact same for all the cars for a specific fault. Worked just as well on the Land Rover and on the Subaru. Also worked well on my mates Citreon and on my van. There is a list online of what the error codes mean if you Google them Thumbs Up

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 27th Apr 2017 9:43 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • bullova06
    United Kingdom 

stuart_f wrote:
    we only added privacy glass, the deplorable tow bar......

Rolling with laughter

"time on my hand"
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Re: AA Fault report

[quote="stuart_f"]An email has just arrived from AA describing their attendance at the car today. It contains the fault codes:

Quote:
    Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - 2S8 / Diesel CR/EDC MEDC 17.9 Status :P2610 - ECM/PCM internal engine shutoff. Error Message : Missing message. Historical fault.U008087 - Unknown fault. Error Message : . Status :U0402 - Transmission control unit. Error Message : Malfunction. Historical fault. Status :U0167 - CAN communication with immobiliser. Error Message : Malfunction. Historical fault. Status :P062F - EEPROM error. Error Message : Memory error. Error sporadic.have deleted fault codes.

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 27th Apr 2017 10:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum