Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Front camera and sensors.

As I have not even looked at the manual yet, is there anyway that the front parking sensors can be left on permanently instead of manually activating them on the screen, as they default too being off, once the cars been switched off and back on again. Likewise the front camera goes off after 20 mph. Anyone know how too keep the front camera permanently activated once you go back under 20 mph without fiddling with the screen. Really handy for negotiating tight spaces when parking or entering a tight driveway but a right pain constantly toggling the screen, plus had the odd occasion when the front sensors were on, it seemed too automatically switch off after I had engaged them. Could have resulted in an expensive repair had i not noticed how close the wall was creeping up too me Rolling Eyes
  • ashields
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I've been using the 4x4 drive assist view.
    It to doesn't like it if you exceed 20mph, however rather than turning off it it just reduces the contrast of the images slightly and shows a speed exceeded message. It goes back to normal once you get below 20mph.

My parking screen comes up automatically when I get close to something at low speed, I can't remember whether I changed a setting somewhere to get that behaviour. You still have to select the cameras manually though.

I was expecting to see all sorts of options for having various cameras automatically displayed depending upon the situation, as it is the entire infotainment system seems to be a bit of a missed opportunity.
  • slickmick168
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Activate the 360 degree PDC manually.
    Then whilst the PDC is activated, press the "cog" symbol,
    You can then select PDC to come on automatically at low speeds
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Cheers Mick will have a go tomorrow Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum