Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

CTEK charge point fitted

Wired in the CTEK charge point today

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Dan NL

Congratulations ! But what is it ? Rolling Eyes

An external socket somewhere to charge your battery ? Idea

Or an OBD2 socket for the AA-man so you do not have to stay with the vehicle once its broken down.. Mr. Green
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

It's a battery charging socket for the CTEK range of chargers. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Review here http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-t...ger-review

The orange and black thing is the CTEK connector that is on all of their chargers.

Click image to enlarge

But the question remains - what are you powering that means you need to externally charge your battery often enough that adding a connector is worthwhile? Confused
  • Dan NL

Hi Stuart, thanks for the info. I do this simply by linking a trickle charger when needed. Like now my D3 is in Portugal, waiting there for our summer holidays. It's linked to the charger for battery 'life support'.
    After I drive it back, my LR2 docks in for the winter, and I use it here in NL for keeping that alive.
    Why would one want to build this into the car ?

Maybe if one has XX-cars and can not be bothered by carrying chargers around.. Rolling Eyes
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

stuart_f wrote:
    It's a battery charging socket for the CTEK range of chargers. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Review here http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-t...ger-review

The orange and black thing is the CTEK connector that is on all of their chargers.

Click image to enlarge

But the question remains - what are you powering that means you need to externally charge your battery often enough that adding a connector is worthwhile? Confused

My car has two dash cams fitted one in the back one in the front and is set for parking recording. The car does not get used or long periods of time so this is just to fit the trickle charger if needed

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Russell,

Any chance of a close up photo of the positive connection? and description of how you wired it in? Looks like you unbolted and rebolted the earth point under the bonnet for earth, but did you manage to do the same on the positive? Ta
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Ed sorry for the slow reply been away
    Yes all I did was unbolt the positive plastic casing and then fitted the Cteck positive cable underneath
    Very easy and straight forward

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Simple question... why ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Russell.

Simon I believe Russell explained somewhere else that he leaves the car standing for extended periods of time and hence wanted to make sure it stays topped up.

I wanted to know because I plan to bolt on a connection point for my heavy duty jump leads. I will post a pic once fitted. It also serves as a connection point for powering my winch ( that is emergency style temporary mount/stropped to recovery point)
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Ahhh. Makes sense 👍🏻

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

simonh wrote:
    Simple question... why ?
    with two dash cams fitted and running 24/7 it does not take long to flatten battery if car is not used for a week

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

Makes total sense 👍🏻

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 

I finally used your info and fitted my jump lead point. Attached photos for info. Really easy to do, the only comment I have is once the single bolt holding the positive cover down is removed, the push fit plastic clip feels vulnerable but does pop out with careful leveraging Thumbs Up

• Dirty Trucker
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Where is the battery located????
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

they are in the boot; Oddly enough a salesman at a well know local dealer didn't know the answer to that when I was looking at a used RRS last year (same or similar configuration to the D5 I think)

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum