Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Llama24
    United States 

Delivery a week from now, it should surely be on the boat, I'd think your chances look quite good! I wonder why some are held up for quality control and not others? Though honestly, I'd rather they hang on to it if there's something that needs to be fixed!

For reference, I ordered late November and originally had a June 30 delivery date.
  • Convertedx5m
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 First Edition Silicon Silver

I'm new to the forum and new to land rovers as well! But figured I'd jump in here. So about 2 weeks I finally had it with my x5m and decided to make the jump to a discovery 5. I'd been eyeballing them for a while now and just pulled the trigger.

So my dealer in DC who I've actually done a lot of business with since he was the sales manager at BMW found a first edition in port and put my name on it with my deposit. I didn't do a custom order since the first edition is already pretty loaded up and I have a obx trip coming up that I wanted it for.

My update 2 days ago was that there are a lot of cars in port that are dealer specs plus "some"orders and they will roll first. My first edition is scheduled to be here early next week along with "dealer" cars and they have been tweaking them In port which will hopefully fix a lot of these known issues. Didn't get the details around exactly what yet. I just hope this not a precursor of what's to come...

Cheers!
  • Convertedx5m
    United States 

Just got a voicemail from the dealer car was invoiced to them today and should be a truck tomorrow to the dealer. Really want to know what kind of triage is being done on these cars...
  • Llama24
    United States 

I'm also curious. What color is it? Post pics!!
  • sportcoupe
    United States 

I went to Autotrader to see how many D5's were available so far here. They were all white, every one of them nationwide. I guess they ship one color at new vehicle release?

I ordered Kaikoura Stone in Jan, it is scheduled to be built 1st week in June.

Ordered - HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Kaikoura Stone 20" Black pack + more.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
  • Huxey
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

There are three showing up on AutoTRADER in Canada. Black and white. My nearest dealer has four on their website but the stock pics are all Discovery Sports. But the details confirm they are Disco 5's.

HSE Lux TD6 Carpathian Grey, 20" Black Pack + loaded with options.
    Previously: 2011 BMW X5 MSport 35i Carbon Black
  • JackW
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

You go out of town for two days and in the middle of the first day you get a call from the dealer that your new D5 has just come in.....

Just got back in town this evening - I guess I'll get to see it tomorrow - by the way it's Fuji White
  • Convertedx5m
    United States 

Nice jack! D.C. Area ones are not at the dealer...ones on their website are just invoiced to them with stock photos. The cars leaving the Baltimore port are still no shows...Maybe tomorrow, we'll see.
  • Convertedx5m
    United States 

Just got the text from the dealer it's here on the truck pic attached:

• Huxey
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Cool!

HSE Lux TD6 Carpathian Grey, 20" Black Pack + loaded with options.
    Previously: 2011 BMW X5 MSport 35i Carbon Black
  • JackW
    United States 

I'm picking mine up at 4:00 PM tomorrow - TD6 with black interior, black headliner, tow package and capability plus package with locking rear diff and ATPC, Tow assist and 20" wheels
  • sportcoupe
    United States 

JackW wrote:
    I'm picking mine up at 4:00 PM tomorrow - TD6 with black interior, black headliner, tow package and capability plus package with locking rear diff and ATPC, Tow assist and 20" wheels

I can't believe yours is here after only ordering 3 months ago.

I ordered in Jan and mine still isn't built yet.

• JackW
    United States 

I have a very good relationship with my local dealer. Every dealer has the chance to pre-order some cars for their initial stock so they will have some on hand when the go on sale. Hennessey Land Rover North Point was nice enough to replace one of their stocking order cars with my special order Discovery. It is literally the first Discovery 5 they have received other than the press car they have been using as a demonstrator. I've known my salesman for thirty years and since I'm one of the founders of the local Land Rover club they have been very good to me. Hennessey has supported our club for the last 23 years with significant donations every year for our charity auction. I'm certainly not complaining about getting my car so soon - I really didn't expect it until July.
  • sportcoupe
    United States 

Jack,
    That explains it perfectly. Post pics and your likes/dislikes once you get your D5.

• JackW
    United States 

Picked up my D5 today - first impressions are how quiet and smooth it is with plenty of power. Rides and handles better than the LR3 - lots of improvements in the interior but the back seat does not feel as comfortable as the LR3. It really feels like its going to be a great road trip car with the engine turning around 1700 rpm at 70 mph. Plenty of power for passing and quick off the line.

Click image to enlarge
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum