Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I would have refused, its a LR dealership.

Its understandable if getting a small car just for a few hours until your car is serviced, but for several days thats not acceptable in my opinion.

When my Subaru Sti was getting serviced last year, i ended up with a 1 litre ford fiesta as it was a Ford dealership who were also the Subaru agents. They were adamant that there were no Subaru cars available

I was fobbed off so my Mrs rang and created a fuss after speaking to the manager. Told them that they would be getting billed for the hire car for the weekend.

How do you expect 5 people to fit in a 2 door Fiesta, with 3 kids and a pram. Lucky to fit 2 carriers bags of shopping in the boot as it was so tiny. The engine was useless. I was getting overtaken by a transit van uphill with only me in it. Struggled to hit 60mph. Imagine if it was fully loaded??

We were going away too Glasgow for the weekend, so there was no space for our luggage, let alone a pram.

So after a return 30 mile trip and wasted time, lo and behold i had the choice of a Forester or an Outback. Miraculously 2 customer courtesy cars came back within the 30 mins. Yeah right !! Shocked

I went for the Outback as already had a Forester previously, and was really impressed with it. Felt on par with the Audi Allroad i used to have, but half the price. As it was an estate, had a massive boot and the ride was so comfortable. Plenty of space for the pram and luggage, plus i got an unreserved apology and they even filled the tank too the brim with fuel as a way of saying sorry.

Its amazing what a quick phone call can achieve Laughing

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 4th May 2017 2:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • J77
    Scotland 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
    J77 wrote:
    A Seat Leon, that's nothing, my loaner from Pentland Perth when my DS went into the body shop was a Seat Mii 1.0 60hp with optional air con Laughing

At least you got a top of the range version .................. I usually don't take loaners as I have a Defender as well as the RRS I can use but that is waiting for annual service and the MOT has expired and I cannot get it booked until next week so the offer of a loaner was gratefully accepted.

It was fun to drive around the towns/cities but the motorway was a daunting experience Laughing

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • PaulC
    Wales 

Re: Dealer apathy

TheDoc wrote:
    I spoke with a colleague of mine yesterday morning who said he'd decided on a Range Rover Sport SVR. He asked where I had the Disco from and I told him, whilst after sales had been a little hit and miss they have fixed things for now but the sales process was all good.

He called them around 1pm yesterday as is still waiting for someone to call him back. So he called a different dealer and the sales guy was hardly bothered, asked him to email his build and they'd let him know how long it would take to get one. He emailed that and no response.

I've never been involved in sales but I would have thought if someone wants to spend £100k with you then you could at least call them back? Is this the usual level of service to expect?

Hi new convert from Disco3 forum
    I have bought 2 vehicles from Cardiff. Sworn never to buy another from there again. In my opinion their sole object is to sell the car to you then you're on your own.. They messed my last order up for a D4- which delayed delivery by 6 weeks- and they tried to knock £2k off my trade in due to the time delay! Their overall appearance is what you describe- apathy. I think they just rely on the fact they are the sole dealer in Cardiff and just rely on keeping going with sales. My car had an annoying whine from the transmission from new which went in 3 times and was told it was "normal". Went to the dealer in Brecon (beginning with L) who diagnosed the problem on a road test with me in about 3 minutes, saying there was a known service bulletin and it needed a new transmission chain in the transfer box- fixed 24 hours later! They also collect my car from home to service it (80 mile round trip- with a decent loaner)
    It is no wonder that virtually all LR vehicles in the Cowbridge area have a discrete badge on their boot from the Brecon dealer.
    I will certainly go there to seek a replacement vehicle- probably D5 once the gremlins sorted!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I have a whining/droning noise constantly coming from the engine also, even when stationary at the traffic lights. This developed recently as was not there initially. Or maybe it's resonating from the transmission through to the engine bay?? FGS sake if that is the case then that's another possible issue it's suffering from Big Cry. The noise is annoying to say the least Shocked
  • PaulC
    Wales 

RR bear in mind I'm talking about a 2011 D4 not D5 as not got round to getting one yet
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ah ok thanks Paul. You had me sweating there for a minute. Suffered diff problems on the Fl1 which was running on 2wd temporarily and the Fl2 had a new haldex after about 2 years from new. That's the only transmission problems I have ever personally had Never even towed with the FL2. I expect parts are not as ruff n tuff like the years gone by and when stuff was made to last Sad

Well whatever the symptom it has its not right as my loan D5 demo never had the whining issue and was only a 2 l. The 3 litre is a smoother less vocal engine than the 2 l well it's supposed to be, but not in my case Sad
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum