Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• discovery1953
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Brain Tumour Research.

With Martin’s kind permission (long standing member of the Disco3 forum).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last September my wife had a seizure and was diagnosed with a massive brain tumour. A week later she underwent a 22hr op to remove a 6.5cm tumour which was thankfully benign. Five weeks later she had a massive infection so it was another long op which resulted in her having her forehead removed. This was finally replaced with a titanium plate in February. Since then she has made a remarkable recovery to live a normal life in our new (to us) home. The irony is that all this happened five days into her early retirement.

http://disco3.co.uk/forum/topic150254.html?highlight=devastating

She would love to give something back for the professional and dedicated care that she received and has just started to fundraise for "The Neurosurgery Research Fund" at Southmead Hospital, Bristol to help further research into brain tumours. She is already planning afternoon teas etc.

We have waited for a few months after DSL’s tragic loss and subsequent fundraising and we do appreciate that members must be bombarded with charity requests.

https://www.justgiving.com/maureen-poulsom

Even a few pounds would be gratefully received.

Thank you for reading Thumbs Up
  • discovery1953
    United Kingdom 

Mrs P

Every day I feel better than the day before and this is made possible by knowing that there are many incredibly generous people out there who I don’t even know Bow down

I am amazed and humbled that I have already reached my target but hope that funds continue to be donated to enable further research into brain tumours.

Thank you all Thumbs Up
  • discovery1953
    United Kingdom 

A gentle final bump Thumbs Up

Many thanks to the incredibly generous people across the sites, you have all made my wife’s day.

Just a little more and she will double her target Whistle
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum