Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JBay
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Yulong White

Thanks. Maybe that would help.

It would also be nice for someone to explain why I can't get cooling on the seats.
  • J77
    Scotland 

Craigp wrote:

Hi Pcheaven the above is not my post just copied and pasted from another site.

However I have enhanced my car by adding the fan pack to keep the dog happy, now there is no centre blower. Clearly nearly £50k to have decent ventilation is not enough.

My front vents are fine, but the 2nd rows pants, they work but don't seem to force the air out. But I agree there are some areas on the SE where I do feel short changed.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • JBay
    United States 

This is completely unacceptable to have to put fans in any position in a car to help cool down the people/animals.

And by the way, I talked to Land Rover Corp. All she said was that I should have purchased another car from another company or a Discovery with the 4 zone climate. Gee....wasn't she helpful....go get a new car....I have so much money to burn.... Big Cry
  • Craigp
    England 

I also think it's scandalous that they sell a system that's basically not fit for purpose. Ok it's not such a big issue here in the UK where hi temps are a rarity. However the basic system should preform to a certain standard at the very least lower the temp in the car to a comfortable level for all inhabitants. The enhanced packages should possibly just add tighter control of that temp. So we have a system that basically dosnt work if you want one that does that would be another x £s please. So wrong
  • JBay
    United States 

jimbg - question: what model of Discovery do you have that has a 3rd row vent for AC? I talked with LR today and they said none of the models has 3rd vents. Only 3 or 4 zone (zones in front and 2nd row only).
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I have 4 zone, there are vents in the 3rd row but no temperature controls for them.

I would have to experiment to find out if it is the front or 2nd row controls that decide the temperature.

Probably row 2?

• JBay
    United States 

Jimbg - Thank you SO much for those photos and reply. WOW....not even LR corp knows what they heck they are selling.

I checked the website too and there is nothing that shows that 3rd row vent. I suspect that the 2nd row control will power the 3rd row vent. It may not be much air coming out, but everything helps when it is hot outside.

The people at my dealership have been very nice and have done their due diligence in testing my climate control with a new Discovery with apparently, 3 zone as well. They made the determination that my car is functioning the same as another new Discovery and there is nothing further they can do. So, basically, this 3 zone version is only made for colder climates. In my opinion, the 4 zone should be a standard item and not an option. How did LR ever think only 2 vents in the front dash was going to cool down the entire cabin in this large car? I will bet they tested only the 4 zone in the desert in AZ and probably in the winter time. This is completely unacceptable for LR to not make vents throughout the whole car for $70-$80k.

I am supposed to pick my car up today. This is after the car has been in the shop for both weeks I have had it (it had some software bugs as well which they fixed). I have already emailed stating that if I cannot have the auto climate (synced) at 70 degrees and the 2nd and 3rd rows are not comfortable after 10 minutes, I do not want this car. It was 117 yesterday and will "cool" down to 115 today. The Discovery Sport I am driving works perfectly - simply because it is a much smaller cabin. I am asking for a trade in value for mine so I can get the 4 zone with the extra vents. If they don't help me, I am going to have park my car in storage for 6-8 months out of the year and rent a reliable car until mine is paid off. This is a horrible situation....

And FYI all - since the dealer never offered me a test drive and LR "has SO many people wanting to buy this car", I could only purchase the demo car they had. Either that or wait 6 months after ordering one online. I was probably the first dumba$$ in the US to purchase this car....gee - aren't I lucky....
  • JBay
    United States 

Update to all. The dealer said the "may be" able to help me. But, I doubt they are going to buy back this car at the same price I paid for it. And a trade in value will be awful and impossible for me due to being upside from my previous trade.

So, I sent a letter to LR corp this week explaining the situation and state I hope someone files a lawsuit against them which I will be a part of. The lawsuit can also state that LR is advertising 16 MPH in city on this car. But with having the climate set to LO the entire time (and still having it at 100+ degrees in the car), I am only getting 8-9 MPG. I can't afford the retainer for an attorney else I would start this. If anyone is an attorney, please ping me. LR really screwed up on this 3 zone as being standard and 4 zone as being optional. It will be over 100 degrees for me for the next 4 months. So now I have to rent a car until it cools down a little.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Hopefully they do something good for you so you end up with 4 zone and not too empty a wallet

Good luck
  • Shaffy

mine is on the way. hope it's works fine Very Happy
  • Craigp
    England 

Air conditioning coping ok today without any problems. May have something to do with the 12deg temp. Just the 20deg down on last week Laughing
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum