Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Insurance renewal time

My insurance is due soon and have a renewal back from LR at just short of £1000.

Who have you got yours insured with and what sort f price please

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • J77
    Scotland 

I'm with Hastings Direct less than £400 but that was changing the D4 to D5, my insurance ain't due until January.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I am with Lloyds and it includes European Cover as standard, paid £276.
  • Tim in Scotland
    United Kingdom 

For nearly 20 years I have insured my Defender and another Land Rover with Land Rover Insurance for a very reasonable premium on each car. 2 weeks ago I had the annual reminder for the Defender (it is an unmodified mechanically and MY 1996 90 TDi300 Hard Top chopped into a Stationwagon) for £975............. an increase from £435 last year. I shopped around and NFU has quoted me £252pa fincluding offroad use and repair with genuine Land Rover parts. I confronted LRI about the hike kin premium "Ah sir we made a mistake and everyone quoted on the same day was quoted £975 regardless due to a computer problem" likely story. Anyway I asked what my quote should have been and the reply was £512 "it is high sir because we only use genuine Land Rover Parts for repairs and they are very expensive............." After some further chat I am now a customer of NFU! I asked why when LRI knew there had been a misquote they had not emailed/phoned or written to me to advise me they had made a mistake. The call centre operator couldn't say why! In all my time with them I have never made a claim so am a "good" customer lost. One thing with the 90 was LRI also increased the insured value from £10000 last your to £21000 this year - so if you also own a Defender your premium may get a hike purely because the replacement value for them has skyrocketed
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Land Rover wanted £998 he several other quotes around £400 but gone for Lloyds Bank car insurance £256 well pleased

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • J77
    Scotland 

Result

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Russell wrote:
    Land Rover wanted £998 he several other quotes around £400 but gone for Lloyds Bank car insurance £256 well pleased

That's even less than mine! Bow down
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

I was gobsmacked and asked them to double check the quote and it came back the same, she said it was to do with the incontrol tracking app??????

• Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

My insurance came in lower that my 2007 LR 3 because it had a tracking device (Tag)

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • jukn
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

£360 with £100 excess with Santander as 123 customer. Been with IAM for quite a while but they would not cover the value of the new D5. No tracking device on this one
  • Flat Earther
    United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
    For nearly 20 years I have insured my Defender and another Land Rover with Land Rover Insurance for a very reasonable premium on each car. 2 weeks ago I had the annual reminder for the Defender (it is an unmodified mechanically and MY 1996 90 TDi300 Hard Top chopped into a Stationwagon) for £975............. an increase from £435 last year. I shopped around and NFU has quoted me £252pa fincluding offroad use and repair with genuine Land Rover parts. I confronted LRI about the hike kin premium "Ah sir we made a mistake and everyone quoted on the same day was quoted £975 regardless due to a computer problem" likely story. Anyway I asked what my quote should have been and the reply was £512 "it is high sir because we only use genuine Land Rover Parts for repairs and they are very expensive............." After some further chat I am now a customer of NFU! I asked why when LRI knew there had been a misquote they had not emailed/phoned or written to me to advise me they had made a mistake. The call centre operator couldn't say why! In all my time with them I have never made a claim so am a "good" customer lost. One thing with the 90 was LRI also increased the insured value from £10000 last your to £21000 this year - so if you also own a Defender your premium may get a hike purely because the replacement value for them has skyrocketed

I'm just about to go with NFU for the first time. They blew everyone else out of the water for the FFRR on price, level of cover and service Thumbs Up It wasn't even close!

You'll need a "rural postcode" though...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum