Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Sw1gs
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Kaikoura Stone

Digital Dash

Looking at LR website, found the following attached on HSE and HSE lux pages, but not showing on car configurator - looks like the dash is changing to digital!

With my order still awaiting build in early Oct, should I delay or cancel then re-order as I guess this relates to MY 18? Anyone else know anything about it?
  • Craigp
    England 

Mine does that now. Don't think anything's changed.
  • J77
    Scotland 

It has, the HSE now has the 12.3in TFT digital dash rather than analog with the small display in the middle, the 10.2in Incontrol Pro now on all models and 2.0 Si4 300hp petrol available across the range.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Craigp
    England 

Ok I stand corrected Embarassed
    I was going off the sat nav & entertainment display being present on the dash which they all do.
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I would not go for that option, don't like it on RR, when it was around -15C outside the crystals went frozen and it did not work first 10-15 minutes after the cold start, after that it was responding very slow about another 10 minutes.
  • Disco John
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Farallon Black

.. and the price seems to have gone up by £2k+ (based on the 2L Diesel which is the only prices I can find for the MY18)
    No mention of the 3L Ingenium engine.
  • J77
    Scotland 

It's went up a grand for the SE.

• Disco John
    United Kingdom 

My old price list says the SE was just under £50k for the Sd4, now it seems to be £52,295, maybe I'm looking at the wrong figure? On balance I would say the changes have made the SE look like an even better package - if you like the bigger touchscreen.
  • VRAMBO
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Hey swigs have you got a link to where you saw that photos?? ive been looking all over the net and cant find a picture of a discovery with the digital dash, only the velar.
  • Disco John
    United Kingdom 
  • J77
    Scotland 

Disco John wrote:
    My old price list says the SE was just under £50k for the Sd4, now it seems to be £52,295, maybe I'm looking at the wrong figure? On balance I would say the changes have made the SE look like an even better package - if you like the bigger touchscreen.

Yeah, I'm forgetting SE can be had with 2.0, comparing it to my 3.0 which is where the confusion comes in Thumbs Up

• VRAMBO
    Australia 

Thanks mate. I sent it through to my dealer as im not expecting my car now till 29th December and im going to push for a later build date if i can get this. Dealer over here in Australia has had to email landrover to see if we are going to get it here in Aus.
  • Disco John
    United Kingdom 

Hi VRAMBO, what interests you about the new build, is it the digital dash or the new 2.0L petrol engine?
  • VRAMBO
    Australia 

Hi Disco John. Its more the digital dash not interested in petrol. As im expecting the car on the 29th December i only see it fair that the car is a 2018 model and comes with the digital dash.
    So far i sent my local dealer the link that shows the sigital dash and they have no idea about or seen/heard about it so they are trying to get in touch with LandRover to see if it will even be available in Australia.
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Whether one prefers digital dash or analog gauges, one has to agree LR has done early adopters of the D5 a sad disservice by introducing it in MY2. When we eventually trade these trucks in we are going to get dinged on value....

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum