Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ukms
    United Arab Emirates 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Remote Start ?

Hi

Does anyone know if you can do a straightforward remote start or a start and then leave and lock the vehicle ? I'm aware there is optional a 'remote park heat and timed climate' option which is slightly different.

Cheers
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

I have used the remote start once, I will try it tonight before I leave work as I cannot recall if teh vehicle remained locked, I am sure it was as it would be a real security issue if it wasnt Smile

I would have thought that remote cooling and heating would require the engine to run. I am guessing you will be more interested in the cooling feature!

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • ukms
    United Arab Emirates 

Yeah I wont get much use out of the heating Smile

On my Jeep I have a remote start button on the fob which starts the engine and keeps it locked without touching the vehicle, it then runs the AC (or heating) however it was set when you left it or you can park, leave the vehicle running with AC on and lock it ..... ideal if you are just making a short stop to keep it cool. I think this is quite common on US made vehicles ? Would be useful on the D5 but completely forgot to ask when I ordered.
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

Hi ukms,
    You need to use the Land Rover Remote App on your phone to remote start.

It's been very slow to respond when i open the app and 13 of the 17 times i tried it it didn't work. It says there's a delay in communications.
    Although, there may have been an update in the app or the JLR system recently as yesterday it worked much quicker than every other time beforehand.

Here is what it looks like on an iPhone. (Android may look different.)
    You can set the temperature you want to set. That's the only electronics that will be working inside the cabin.
    The radio will not be turned on, in fact, the whole infotainment system remains Off until you get in and press the brake pedal. Then the Disco comes to life as per a regular start. And you last temperature setting is now in control. Whatever you set through the Remote App will now be bypassed.

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

On a UK spec car.

If you use phone app to remotely start the car it remains locked, something to do with UK law about leaving a running car unattended.

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • ukms
    United Arab Emirates 

Thanks guys for the responses ..... I'm not confident that all features work on the UAE (GCC) version of the app, I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens when its delivered. Its not a deal breaker for me just a 'nice to have'.

Cheers
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Does anyone know if this can be activated once the car has been purchased?

I have a belgian HSE Luxury, and the remote start has been disabled because it is not actually legal in Belgium, but I don't live in Belgium.

Thanks for your comments.

Nick
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

So you can't use the app to defrost the windscreen (other than by virtue of the interior heating sufficiently to do so)?
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

I can't turn any of that on remotely.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Re: Remote Start ?

ukms wrote:
    Does anyone know if you can do a straightforward remote start or a start and then leave and lock the vehicle

The vehicle needs to be locked before you can the remote start app, if not locked the app will tell you it isn't and won't do a remote start. I used it yesterday to leave the dogs in the car, single lock it then do a remote start so they stay cool in the back.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

But in my app I don't even Have the option for remote start!!

I have read that it is disabled on Belgian cars since it is not permitted in Belgium.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

PeterW wrote:
    On a UK spec car.

If you use phone app to remotely start the car it remains locked, something to do with UK law about leaving a running car unattended.

Only permitted on private land ..if you leave it running on a public highway then it matters not if its locked or not. Smile
  • Labbix

Nebc100, did you find a solution or could your dealer in Luxembourg ‘open’ this software feature?
    I will probably get a new D5 from BeNeLux as well, and have it imported immediately to Albania where I want to use these features as well...
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

No... The dealer here said it couldn't be done.

I don't trust that they really know what they are talking about, but I have to live with it as they are the only LR dealer in the country.
  • Labbix

If I find a solution, I will ask upfront before I agree to the change of cars, I will let you know.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum