Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• arsi
    Finland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Battery compartment trim panels

How are you supposed to get the battery/jack compartment panels back on?

I have tried to press, push, hit and may other ways to get them to stay on after I took them off.
    In the battery panel there are two plastic plugs that is supposed to hold the panel from top. Bottom is just stuck into a slot in the floor. I hope that the plugs are not those dispensable ones that you throw away after taking apart.

To manage to get the jack out you need to loosen the top part of the fixed panel so that afterwards you are not able to put it back permanently anymore and getting the cover trim to stay is impossible.

Behind and close to battery/jack compartment are also a lot of loose and/or unsupported plastic parts and parts of trim panels and cushions that seems to be only half way designed and just placed there to fill empty space. I do not feel that they are long-lived if you need to open the panels regularly.

Do I need to go to dealer to put the panels back? There must be a better solution.

Here is an image of the compartment with panels and jack off.

Click image to enlarge

And there is a loose connector behind the jack, circled in the image below. Anyone have an idea what it is to be connected?

Here you also see a grey square plastic foam that was stuck below the floor panel. It has a LR code on it so it must be designed for the purpose and very expensive if you need it as a spare.

Click image to enlarge
  • RotherhamPete
    United Kingdom 

If I recall there is a sliding catch on the side which you have to move into place once the panel has been put into position. You need to reach behind the top of the panel to slide the catch.
  • PeterT
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Yes, that is absolutely correct. It is very fiddly to do but requires no force - line the slots up and slide the catch along.
    As to the spare plug, the car is littered with them for all the available extra options. They are normally secured and not flopping about though?
  • arsi
    Finland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Thank you,

There indeed is a sliding mechanism. Upon closer inspection the slider just fell of. It is not held on by anything, or so it seems. Here is a picture of the slider:

Click image to enlarge

Managed to put it back after couple of trials:

Click image to enlarge

Now that I knew the mechanism, it was easy to put the trim panel back.
    Do they have somekind of tool in factory and service for the slider to move it as there is no room for an adult hand to slide it.
  • Landieman
    United Kingdom 

Yes there is a slider in the 'vent' you can move with a screwdriver etc. It's all in the manual.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum