Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Imbaw
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Yulong White

Works a little differently here. We can buy our bright yellow zit of a plate (or white front plate) from many auto stores, or online - www.platesforcars.co.uk
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Yup I remember 😋 could also add little personnel messages if I recall

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Rodisco5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Most cars have centrally positioned rear number plates, being off set sets a Disco 5 apart, generally it semis the people who don’t like are not planning to buy in the first place, just criticize the change, we have to move on, get ahead, looking back achieves nothing, I like the offset, if you have dynamic pack it looks ready great.

Rodney
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Blackfly wrote:
    For what it is worth certainly in some if not all Canadian Provinces number plates are issued by the provincial licensing authority and are all the same size. I believe this is also the case in some US states.

*All* US states. The size and shape are standardized at the federal level and the US, Canada, and Mexico have standardized size/shape between them. Only differences are that some states require front plates, some do not; some states are "plate to owner" meaning once it's issued, it's yours forever if you want it and you can put it on your new car; in other states the plate stays with the car when it's sold or traded, or must be surrendered to the state DMV on request. Annual registration or use tax gets a sticker that goes on the rear plate. There are usually extra fees and requirements for personalization.

I decided it wasn't worth the extra fees and wait time to see if I could get "THX VW" for my plates.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

I believe the standard size is 12x6 inches and even the iconic Northwest Territories polar bear plate conforms to the overall dimensions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_regi...erritories

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Imbaw
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Yulong White

Banging Head
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

DieselRanger wrote:
    I decided it wasn't worth the extra fees and wait time to see if I could get "THX VW" for my plates.

Laughing Thumbs Up

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum