Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• J77
    Scotland 

Disco 5 Commercial

Doesn’t come cheap though, available in 3 trim levels, S, SE and HSE.

https://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicles/disco...index.html

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

would be hard pressed to notice any differences from the passenger version at a distance

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Very strange car for me. Only two persons + some loadspace. The difference with normal SE is that you have 90L compartment instead of the 2nd raw, but sometimes you need that 2nd raw and extra space you can add just with any small trailer as needed.
    The best commercial Disco5 would be 5 seats SE model with luggage partition in full height, Protective Seat Covers and the detachable tow bar.

Any DoubleCab pickup outperforms that commercial Disco.
    For example, Amarok has 5 seats, almost the same load space, V6 engine but can carry more than 1 ton of extra weight + 5 people and 3,5t trailer

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • J77
    Scotland 

Not strange at all. Over here the D4 Commercial was/is very popular, at one point there was a 6 month waiting list. In fact all Discovery commercials have been popular over here.

The Amarok only out performs the D5 if you need 5 seats, in which case a Discovery commercial wouldn’t be on your shopping list, they’ve only ever had 2 seats. The D5 loadspace is more secure, it’s more comfortable on/off road, has a V6 engine and 3.5 ton towing.

• Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I've never heard of this type of disco before, could be market specific popularity.
    What if you compare it with the normal Disco with closed 2nd raw? Difference is in one compartment, they only need to provide a steel loadspace partion between the second and first raw of seats. The car will be much more practical in this case, no?

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • J77
    Scotland 

I think it’s more aimed at the sole trader type, who need to carry a lot of gear, rather than those that need a few colleagues.

Here’s an original

• Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

and it was a concept successfully employed by the Japanese with the Daihatsu Fourtrack variants amongst others if I recall

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • J77
    Scotland 

Mitsubishi Shogun also

• Tim in Scotland
    United Kingdom 

Living in a farming area of Scotland the Discovery Commercials of all the various series have and still are hugely popular with the local farmers - I regularly see ancient S1 Disco Commerials hauling Ivor Williams Beast wagons to the livestock mart in Stirling - mind you D3’s and D4 passenger versions are also hugely popular after a phase of farmers buying Ford Rangers and Toyota crew cab pick-ups that simply couldn’t handle either the heavy wights to be towed or the offroad use on the hills.
  • choob
    United Kingdom 

Arslanoff wrote:
    I've never heard of this type of disco before, could be market specific popularity.
    What if you compare it with the normal Disco with closed 2nd raw? Difference is in one compartment, they only need to provide a steel loadspace partion between the second and first raw of seats. The car will be much more practical in this case, no?

I believe there are legal/tax reasons for the 2 seat/no proper rear seat and 'commercial' designation.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum