Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• lemme
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Loire Blue

MY18 HSE Lux Loire Blue with Black Pack
    [most options ticked apart from HUD & Fridge)
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Order one of these and you have 12GB that you can use for 12 months from when you first use.
    After a year throw it away and buy a new one.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-trio-...-data.html
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Big Cry if only I knew this a month ago! Got myself 1GB a month for 9.60 a month Big Cry
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

The 3 sim seems to be the right choice then, thanks for your views on that. I'll have a chat with the sales guy regards the build viewer detail to see if I can keep an eye on things. If not I'll annoy him until I get it. Thumbs Up
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

hey it wasn't me who said it! lol i actually quite like it but like i said i couldn't really picture it in my mind so didn't risk it.
    i went for the 20" mainly cos instead of forking out £2k or what ever on 22" i'd rather get extras. but i kind of regret not getting the 22" mainly cos like you say they do suit the car better... that said. i'm sure at some point there will be some left behind here at the dealers which i will be able to exchange for next to nothing (i hope lol)
    totally agree mate, what ever we choose i'm sure we will be happy Smile i really don't see what the big issue with the number plate is.. yes it off center, yes it does look a little off but surely not enough to stop you buying the car. if people bought the Multipla, the Juke, the Mini countryman, the c-hr, Censored it even the last 2-3 version of the civic type-r... i'm sure that an off center number plate isn't that big a deal lol

fisherman wrote:
    Old! Well I can't argue that, I am. (58 years old)
    Old mans colour, maybe but it looks suitabley different from the greys I've had for the last 12 years so suits my taste at present. With the Dynamic black gloss it looks nice and I'm considering getting the rear valance painted black too. The wheels were a compromise as they don't do 21's in black gloss apart from the ones with very narrow spokes which makes cleaning a bind, hence the 22's. 20's are just too small for such a big car IMO.
    Whatever the reasons are that we choose what we do, I'm sure we're all going to happy that it suits our own tastes whatever others say. There are plenty out there who wouldn't have one in any colour due to the number plate issue. I personally have found that I'm liking it more and more.
    I only really have to please me. Thumbs Up

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

The LR haters love the opportunity to have a dig. Best bet is not bother with forums other than here.
    I’m not that fussed as I’ve grown accustomed to the design already. Im am concerned about kerbing my wheels so will take as much care as I have with my later D4 wheels. I have scraped them once and got it sorted immediately. The cost is enough to make you careful. Big Cry

Cancelled my order for 18MY HSE Luxury TD6 in Byron Blue with Oyster/Riems blue. Full Dynamic pack with deployable tow bar, Drive Pro pack, cubby fridge, 22" 5011's, ugly kid glass, mudflaps, passenger footwell net and adaptive headlights.
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

Due to a provision of ours having the contract terminated without warning/discussion/reason I have had to cancel my order for my D5. The financial impact is enough that I shouldn't be buying such an expensive car and will stay with my D4 for the immediate future.
    To say I'm gutted is an understatement but the needs of my family comes first over a new shiney toy. My D4 will still do everything I want for the time being. I still can't think of another car out there which will do it all like the Discovery will.
    The good that came out of this was Lookers at Chelmsford were very sympathetic and immediately offered to refund my deposit in full. Bow down Thumbs Up
    Restores a whole lot of faith and should our luck change over the coming months, we will be knocking on their door to try again.
    Until then I'll be Big Cry

Cancelled my order for 18MY HSE Luxury TD6 in Byron Blue with Oyster/Riems blue. Full Dynamic pack with deployable tow bar, Drive Pro pack, cubby fridge, 22" 5011's, ugly kid glass, mudflaps, passenger footwell net and adaptive headlights.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear that, I hope that 2018 gets better for you soon. Thumbs Up
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

It's all cool. I won't starve by any stretch of the imagination. In fact it would do me a bit of good if I did!
    It's just being prudent, I could get the car and find it takes the shine off my enjoyment of everything else because I have to be more careful.
    Thanks for your concern. Thumbs Up

Last edited by fisherman on 8th Jan 2018 8:37 am. Edited 1 time in total

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Will hopefully see your D5 photos up on the site very soon mate

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 7th Jan 2018 11:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thumbs Up
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

fisherman wrote:
    Due to a provision of ours having the contract terminated without warning/discussion/reason I have had to cancel my order for my D5. The financial impact is enough that I shouldn't be buying such an expensive car and will stay with my D4 for the immediate future.
    To say I'm gutted is an understatement but the needs of my family comes first over a new shiney toy. My D4 will still do everything I want for the time being. I still can't think of another car out there which will do it all like the Discovery will.
    The good that came out of this was Lookers at Chelmsford were very sympathetic and immediately offered to refund my deposit in full. Bow down Thumbs Up
    Restores a whole lot of faith and should our luck change over the coming months, we will be knocking on their door to try again.
    Until then I'll be Big Cry

wow sorry to hear buddy Sad you must be gutted not cos of the car obviously. good luck hope you find something soon!

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, like I said, I won't starve. I'm miffed that the contract was terminated because we hadn't had any complaints at all from parents whose children my wifes business looks after. The headmistress just gave a business we started 6 years ago from scratch away to someone else! What a f Censored b Censored !
    It's cost us about £60k a year in profits!!! On the whim of a pratt!
    They have no clue what the real world is like, and money has no value to these school heads. I can't believe the money they pour down the drain. They've never had to really be that accountable in the real world way. Not happy but life goes on.

• winmar
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Does anyone have a photo of a Byron blue D5 without black pack? I think it is a great color but have not seen it live yet. Dealer stated it is not great and had a very dissatisfied customer. Doubting now between Loire Blue, Byron Blue or Indus Silver, all with Nimbus interior. Had a light interior previously in my A7, and missing that light effect in fully black leather D3 and Q7 I have driven.

Last edited by winmar on 16th May 2018 9:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • J77
    Scotland 

Page 2 Thumbs Up

Though he didn’t go ahead with it.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum