Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Oh no ! Hope they get it sorted fast. Not good on your first date to have your new girl let you down !

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • stick
    United Kingdom 

must be some sort of record? picture please with mileage and tow truck in view!
  • Craigp
    England 

Well i think you have done well. Look on the bright side its not contaminating the oil whilst you are sat there. Very Happy

Or has it. Shocked Cylinder head gasket!!!
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Ok so it seems that one of the coolant hoses going into the heater matrix is to blame. It’s either not fitted correctly or it’s broken.

Last edited by Chrismcnaz on 20th Feb 2018 7:56 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

that is at least a relief

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Still sat waiting for a taxi to get us home that was 30 mins away an hour ago! This is my first experience of LR Assist and frankly it’s a cake and arse party!

So the kids are starving and we are still 2.5 hours away from home with no sign of a taxi. Frankly I want to tell LR to shove their car where the proverbial Sun doesn’t shine and go and buy something else.

I havnt been this stressed and angry for a very long time.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Chrismcnaz wrote:
    Finally collected today at last and am totally in love.

Currently sat in a side road in Swindon waiting to assistance with 45 miles on the clock! Set off from the traffic lights at J15 M4 and suddenly clouds of smoke from the rear and warning low coolant!

I expected a few issues along the way but within an hour of collection is rediculous!

Not a very happy chap right now Censored Big Cry

Well I can fully sympathise with you Rolling Eyes
    It's the last thing that you would expect to happen to a brand new car, especially an expensive one. I hope issue got sorted. However I would have assumed that coolant levels etc would have all been checked on the PDI, unless you have had a leak or a pipe come adrift?? Shocked
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

3.0 or 2.0?

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Considering you just picked up your car today (and only driven 40 odd miles) I would have been immediately on phone to the dealer demanding they bring you a loan car !!

Surprised LRA didn’t prioritise you too.

Don’t blame you for being Censored off !

Have you been there for 5 hours ??

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

DiscoStu wrote:
    3.0 or 2.0?

Ok so got the car back after the dealer in Wooton Basset fixed it. Apart from a smell of coolant, I’m happy with it. My main complaint was how little LR assist seemed to care about me and my problem. It took me to raise a complaint and over 2 hours of phone calls to get this resolved after a morning with no car and no information as to what was happening.

In recompense, they have offered to refund my service pack which I’m happy with, although the selling dealer can’t tell me when the funds will arrive in my account!

I’m just glad this baptism of fire is over.

Better pics to follow.
  • Craigp
    England 

Must say ive twice had to call on LR Assist. (not this car) and both have been positive. I dare say its very much luck of the draw as where the guy is and if hes already dealing with a problem. Anyhow glad to hear you are all sorted.
  • J77
    Scotland 

Not good at all Sad

I’m on my 10th LR and only had to call LRA once, they were pretty good to be fair.

Though my Velar is going in to the dealers to investigate a mystery thud coming from the N/S rear. Not too bad really, it’s lasted 4 weeks and it ain’t electrical Rolling Eyes Laughing

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Craigp wrote:
    Must say I've twice had to call on LR Assist. (not this car) and both have been positive. I dare say its very much luck of the draw as where the guy is and if hes already dealing with a problem. Anyhow glad to hear you are all sorted.

Don't get me wrong, the AA bloke who came out was brilliant and also stated that 45 miles on the clock was a record for him, It was the farcical attempts to firstly get me home with luggage, wife and kids and then to get me mobile the next morning. Apparently all the LR Assist "pool cars" were booked for other customers with issues therefore i eventually ended up travelling an hour (by prepaid taxi) to a Thrifty branch to collect a Disco Sport at 1130 the next morning.

All in all the service from the AA and the dealer who fixed the car in Wooton Basset was really good, but LR Assist and the Customer Relations woman were awful.

In compensation the supplying dealer has offered to refund my service pack however, although it was "put through" last Friday, I'm still waiting for the £825 to appear in my bank account.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum