Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Do you have Pro Services and the live traffic ? I think it’s in settings somewhere.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I do, I thought I had turned on all the options but I will take another look. Thumbs Up

Edit:

I have looked in Nav settings and live traffic is on, but cannot see an option for diversions?

Could it be an option when you selct a route?
  • RedBall
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Russell wrote:
    There is a new software update that was released this week that is suitable for the RSE equipped cars with a further patch update coming out today

Any further details on this? Has yours been done yet?

Mine went in for service last week and had N025 and N118 applied. These are apparently to split out the oil and service counters (N025) and to fix an issue where the service required message wasnt being displayed (N118).

End result is that my RSE is borked and every time I try to access it I get the "Rear Media Not Available" message displayed.

Ive vented my disappointment to JLR cutsomer service, but hold out little hope. I shall now be contacting the dealer and seeing when they can fit it in to have this issue fixed.

Is it too much to ask that software engineers at JLR actually test the updates they write before sending them out into the wild, or as per usual is the customer base the test environment? Laughing
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

My car is in at the moment, they have a list of updates to do, plus have found an axle bush leaking oil, so thats going to be sorted under warranty too.

i'm hoping the infotainment update is in the list they are doing.

Strange thing, my lease company called and asked me if I would consider swapping over the vehicle due to the issues i've been having?? Talked to a colleague who also has a Disco Sport through the same lease company and they have asked him the same thing as he's been having issues too...

Might get a new car out of this!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

RedBall wrote:
    Russell wrote:
    There is a new software update that was released this week that is suitable for the RSE equipped cars with a further patch update coming out today

Any further details on this? Has yours been done yet?

Mine went in for service last week and had N025 and N118 applied. These are apparently to split out the oil and service counters (N025) and to fix an issue where the service required message wasnt being displayed (N118).

End result is that my RSE is borked and every time I try to access it I get the "Rear Media Not Available" message displayed.

Ive vented my disappointment to JLR cutsomer service, but hold out little hope. I shall now be contacting the dealer and seeing when they can fit it in to have this issue fixed.

Is it too much to ask that software engineers at JLR actually test the updates they write before sending them out into the wild, or as per usual is the customer base the test environment? Laughing

Mine is currently in at the moment, the dealer has said that the software patch resolves all issues including the RSE so we will see, should be back this afternoon

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • RedBall
    United Kingdom 

I really hope this works for you.

I also hope it can be applied over the top of patches that have caused the RSE to fail. Sad (as per my other thread you have replied on).
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

I had the issue with the RSE, mine was one of the first cars to have the initial update which corrupted the RSE. The dealer managed to sort everything and get it working again but it took 2 days, that was back in August and they are now putting the new update on, the car was due back today but it is now delayed and will hopefully be back tomorrow.!!!!

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

So, my cars come back from the dealership, however they haven't updated the infotainment to V3.

They told me that the update still hadn't been fully QA checked and they didn't want to take the chance and risk the whole system dying...

Sounds like a cop out to me!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

That is a real cop out. According to LRC the update has been fully tested, my dealer has also confirmed that they have tested it with no issues so far.
    My car came back last night and I have used it on way to work this morning, I found the following.
    Sat Nav and infotainment seemed to work OK and did seem quicker to operate and respond.

As for initial start up I cannot confirm this at present and using the App to start and warm the car prior to going out to it and getting in as such the system is up and running when I get in the car as the car is awake and running and has been for about 30 minutes.

Will feedback more over the next week or so, but so far seems better. Thumbs Up

• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Does sound suspicious

I just (1050 today) left Lancaster Tonbridge to reschedule my RSE ICP update for next Wednesday. They confirmed on topix it was current and it would be installed
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Does anyone have an up to date Topix account? I'd love to see the V3 update docs, so I can give them to the dealership and ask them why they haven't done it
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

On the other forum someone posted an image with details of the update to the dealer Pathfinder software needed?
  • RedBall
    United Kingdom 

Is anyone with the latest software version and RSE able to check if they have made any changes to the way RSE works?

Specifically is there the option to synchronise the two rear screens when playing a file from usb.

That has been a bugbear of mine since day one. They make all the noise about being able to play media files etc, but when both kids want to watch the same film from the usb or hard drive, the only way to get them in sync is to pause one and hit play at just the right moment to get it as close to the same point in time as possible to the other screen.

When playing dvd obviously they are in sync as there is only one source, but it seems a huge oversight not to be able to synchronise all the screens when playing a source other than dvd.
  • ashields
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

They won’t fix it

The online manual used to show a button to link the two screens together. I took mine in last year to get that sorted and they proudly showed me a dvd playing on both screens!
    Once they finally understood they got in touch with Land Rover. The response was that the manual was incorrect and would fix it.
    Recently they updated the manual and removed reference to the link button.

The annoying thing is somebody at an early stage realised this functionality would be required but it clearly fallls under the category of things you won’t notice until long after you’ve left the showroom.
  • NicSymonds
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Picked mine up tonight and found out that they have updated it to Phase 3. Only driven it home, but it seems ok. They also applied a number of other updates that need doing.

2017 HSE Luxury
    (2012 D4 HSE, 2006 D3 SE, 2001 D2 ES)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum