• Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Myself and others have done reversing light upgrades

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread854.html?...p;start=60

Thumbs Up
  • GP1200
    Australia 

The Australian version is no better chaps, Mine is a 2018 HSE LUX with Tow Pack

Jack
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I’m hoping that there’s a simple mod to provide the full brake lighting, as shown on the initial LR video.

In a nutshell, do the unused portions of the lamps have wiring attached?
    I’m guessing all wires exist to all LED elements of the rear lamps, and are probably wired into the same connector, where it interfaces to the car.

With the rear lights circuit diagram, and knowledge where the wiring harness interfaces to the car, it may be possible to join both the active brake lights to the unused longer brake element (unused LED brake element on the rear door portion).

Thus on braking both the small corner led brake lamps, the high level brake light and the unused long brake LED elements on the rear door could be joined together to light at the same time.
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

And if the above works, perhaps there’s s few more clear LED elements in the rear light assemblies that we could also wire in to light on reversing, to boost the paltry reversing lights!

LR I don’t know what you’re on, of sniffing, but who would have thought that it would be a good idea to illuminate better where you’re going when reversing.
    Try reversing a D5 along an unlit dark lane at night. The reversing lights are useless and the rear camera isn’t much help either!
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I’m not sure there’s anything inside the long strip ! Looked inside with an LED torch from the outside and it looks like it’s blanked from within, doesn’t look like a void behind.

As for the reversing lights, I’d like to see something a bit more aesthetically pleasing, I’m still thinking the front lower fogs could be secreted into the lower rear bumper somewhere ?

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Labbix

Just found out why the brake lights on the trunk don’t work...

Because our dearest friends from the USA have apparently a legislation that prohibits break lights on moveable parts of the car... so that’s why they are only on the side, all the other explanations or just nice stories!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Yes, Labbix, you are right. Similar for tail lights.

I was watching a DeMuro video the other day where another manufacturer had a more elegant solution with extra lights coming on as the tailgate opens. The brand/car escapes me right now.

Shame JLR didn’t just disable the lights on US market cars and leave the rest of us alone!

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Labbix

Indeed, like on the the Passat and the RAV4 and... Wink
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

The D5 does actually do something similar- but not for the brake lights...

The UK requires a certain amount of taillight visible at night. When the boot opens, there is no longer enough so the brake lights actually come on dimly to supplement the fixed tail light.

Try it and see!

Jon
  • Whippetman
    England 

:rolllaugh[quote="Road Runner 2017"]Well if u can't see something infront of you which has a rear as big as the channel tunnels entrance, you shouldn't be on the road!!! Trip to specsavers me thinks. Failing that a wraparound bull bar on the rear may be what's needed Thumbs Up

Bow down Bow down Bow down

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Labbix

They did keep them with the new evoque apparently...

From: https://mobile.twitter.com/ovalnews/status...05/photo/1

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

First time following a facelifted D5 last night.
    Noticed the rear light cluster when braking, goes on fully, as oppossed to just the corners on the original cars. Deffo improvement.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum