Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dirty Trucker
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Latest Software Update.

Has anyone had problems with the latest software updates,my car went in on Monday for the update which should of only taken a few hours. Apparently the update caused the module to fail which got replaced under warranty but the update still wont load. Out 0f 9weeks of owning the car 3weeks have been spent In the dealership,although they have not been any major mechanical faults(Yet). I'm wondering should I cut my losses(A 2k hit) and get rid,especially when I read the trouble some of you guys are suffering..
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

No need to bail, it’s still software teething issues.

LR are Censored at software and it takes them numerous iterations on the release of a new model to get things right. If anything we should get a price reduction for being their test subjects. 😁
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I have a similar problem and after complaining the dealer is putting their top techie on reinstalling my software.

I thought about getting out, but there is nothing that I can think of that would replace it.
  • Graym
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Yes. Satellite Navigation not working, had software update and it was diagnosed as the incontrol module faulty, RSE also not working after update. That was 12 days ago and they don't seem any closer to rectifying the fault
  • J77
    Scotland 

My Velar is going in for a software update on Wednesday, I’m assuming it’s the same one you guys have had applied? Reading the stories on here I must admit I’m feeling a bit nervous as to what state it’s going to come back in.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Graym
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

J77
    One tip I can give you is make sure they give you a decent courtesy car.... been in the dealers one a while now. Fingers crossed all goes well for you
  • RedBall
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

I'm due to pick mine back up tomorrow after a month at the dealers having some electrical central locking issue fixed (although I still don't believe anyone.knows what caused it).

I'm in two minds whether to ask if it's getting the latest software update or not. I had loads of issues with it before with random failures of tpms, rear seat entertainment, sat nav availability etc. Most of which would reappear the next journey or next day. Not sure I'm going to see any improvement with new software, indeed I could be worse off if it breaks RSE as I have a long drive with the kids coming up over Easter.
  • Down & Dirty
    United Kingdom 

My MY18 is in next Tuesday for a software update,but been told it’s to do with suspension and gear box?.
    Will try and find out exactly when it goes in and let you guys know what has actually been done Thumbs Up
  • Dirty Trucker
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Ive now collected my car,and so far ive found that after having a new module fitted and installed with the latest software everything seems to be working as it should. The big happy grin has returned when I drive it,and the thoughts of getting rid have all gone Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Had mine updated on its first service a few weeks ago, its been perfect.
  • lemme
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Loire Blue

are you able to find out via a web portal which updates your car is due.. or would access to this be limited to the dealer and not accessible by the public?

MY18 HSE Lux Loire Blue with Black Pack
    [most options ticked apart from HUD & Fridge)
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

You can use Topix to find out what software updates are available for your car, but I don't think it will know which ones you already have.

Go to https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm and register your car there.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Mine has ben updated and there is an improvment in speed but I am having the followingissues.

On start up select revers and the picture appears on the screen but smaller than normal, if I do the same after the infotainment has booted up the picture is bigger and as it should be.

No aubible warnings for speed cameras

No sat nav points shown, if you selecet petrol stations, rest areas cinemas etc they just dont show up on the nav screen on a route you are travelling

Keeps showing park brake not applied or still in gear despite neithe rbeing the case.

Voice recognition works to the point of asking you what you want but each time you ask for somthing the screen shuts down and reverts back to home screen, the same happens if you use the buttons on the screen after starting voice recognition.

Radio starts up fairly quick but sounds a bit odd, but after about 10/15 seconds very briefly shuts down for about 2 seconds then comes back on sounding correct almost as if the amp has just kicked into life

Anyone else expiriencing this issues

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I’ve not had the update, and not sure I want it..... I use my voice recognition quite a bit as I never put my phone in the front, mine works perfectly fine at the moment and it’s not even slow to start up ?

I don’t want to go to something defunct from this 😬

I’m hoping they’re working on this to rectify it, unlike a FFRR that we had updated that lost its TSR, and loads of other bits, the dealer point blank refused that they were even on it even though they sold the car.

That went back sharpish.

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

rogersmj wrote:
    You can use Topix to find out what software updates are available for your car, but I don't think it will know which ones you already have.

Go to https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm and register your car there.

Nope. It won’t. Only your dealer will know and only then if they query each module. There is no overal ‘what updates are available’ list. It’s module by module only.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum