Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Land Rover Assist accident claim managment

Anyone got any experince using LR Assist’s accident claim team ? Are they better than using the insurance company (NFU in my case) ? They apparently handle everything.

My last claim years ago I used NFU and they were great. Was only dealer fit parts to fix.

My car this time is a Farallon Black so will be a bitch to spray and match. LR use one of their approved repair centres and apparently give you a like for like loaner unless the claim is contested and then their repair center loans you a car (still a LR but what ever they have).

Anyway, wanted to see if they are worth using or should I stick with NFU?

Cheers

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

You missed out a b in Rober Rolling with laughter
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Shhhh... no one noticed Rolling with laughter

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Simon I wouldn’t bother with LR assisT claim as they won’t be arsed if it’s not a massive job and they are going to make loads of legal fees for themselves off the third party 😳

SWMBO had a scrape down the door couple of weeks ago so I rang them spent 30 mins giving all the info and they never rang me back Twisted Evil

Just go on the LR site and pick an approved body shop and they will fit as they should using LR standards
    I took mine to Williams BMW in Manchester which is the same group as Williams LR but the thing is you only get a group A loaner so we’ve got a Fiesta Big Cry

Good luck with the repair Thumbs Up
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Thanks 👍🏻

I ended up dealing via NFU who have always been great at looking after me. Nominated Shukers my local (and brilliant) dealer as the approved repair centre. They dropped everything to come out and assess the damage. Even noticed things I’d missed like a scratch on the drivers window the wing mirror had made when it hit it. Took my policy number and will speak direct to the local NFU to start the process.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I’m with NFU as well great company to deal with the policy isn’t the cheapest but you get what you pay for Thumbs Up
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Agree. Used them for nearly 20 years now.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • chicken george
    United Kingdom 

Always used nfu. Shame car claims are now through a call centre not local branch. The nfu difference they pay not argue.

Kids left ipad behind on holiday. I rang nfu, but had no reciept for ipad. They said find a pic of someone using the ipad. Searched through phone found a pic. They paid next day.
    I dont claim often so I think there is mutual trust.

Chicken George, Land Rover owner for decades , and proud buyer of British products.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Yes they are very good.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum