Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

simonh wrote:
    Thanks.

Anyone else on Scorpion Verdes experiencing the same?

Yes, just tripped over to 8000 miles on my 20” Pirrelli’s and starting to notice it... Confused

D5 MY19 ANNIVERSARY EDITION sd6 3ltr V6 - Loire blue - 22”alloys
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

I’m getting used to it now. Still irritating though.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Seamus
    United Kingdom 

I had this issue running on Pirelli Scorpion Verdes and reported it to my dealer. They took it for a test drive and agreed steering “wasn’t quite right” They took it in and did a four wheel alignment, this sorted it Very Happy

D 300 SE Lantau Bronze MY23
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing. It’s on Friday for some attention so will ask if they can do this as well.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Had first service this week and asked them to look at this. Car has done 21k and the Pirelli Scorpion Verdes were down to about 3mm.

They recommended changing them and I don't tend to wait until I'm down to 1.6mm so bought 4 x Pirelli Scorpion Verdes.

It's completely transformed the drive back to how it was. That's great news but means that when they're around half worn they'll start to wander again.

I'll try and remember to swap the fronts and rears at about 10k as the front were wearing more.

LR dealer Harwoods matched the Blackcircles online price Thumbs Up
  • Alski
    Northern Ireland 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Silicon Silver

Seaby wrote:
    Re Tramlining - yes I think mine's been getting progressively worse.

It's got 20 inch Pirelli Scorpion standard fit etc and has now done nearly 18k.

When it was new it was perfect, but both my wife and I have noticed in recent weeks it's felt vague and tramlines. Especially noticed it when drove our Golf and Audi over Xmas which are older and done much more miles, but totally planted on the road.

It's not bad enough to warrant a trip to the dealers but will definitely get it looked at when it's serviced (which will be quite soon).

Will report back.

Just over 16K on Pirelli standard 20's and starting to notice this on certain stretches of the motorway Mad Time to switch to ATR's (Had them on the D4 with no complaints) or possibly GG AT3's
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum