Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

So with the prospect of hopefully getting my car back tomorrow, I’m thinking about how can tell if I have a successful Phase 4 upgrade. With everyone here who’s had it, can you give us a quick list of what I should check to make sure it’s working? I think the rear entertainment is definitely on the list.

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Ok so had a call from the dealer, apparently the phase 4update was a success, HOWEVER the rear entertainment isn’t working!

The excuse was that Topix went down for an hour or so, so they think this might have corrupted the install!?

Does that sound right? Will I ever have my rear entertainment system working again?

• ravrav
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

My car has been in for a week now, for phase 4 update (HSE Lux). I am told it needs a new part. ICS module has failed?
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

So another text from my dealership to tell me that there second attempt at sorting the rear entertainment with Phase 4 has failed. Not looking good here...

The loan car has to go back today, so I guess that i'll have to pick up the car today whether its fixed or not. Problem is then what!? Another month wait without the rear screens working until I can get the car in again...

Not happy, actually totally Censored off! Evil or Very Mad A relatively small issue about not being able to logon to my profile, has become a case of the whole rear entertainment system stuffed! I'm guessing my original issue has been fixed!? Big Cry

• Labbix

Totally unacceptable, but since I got my car (May 2018) my hotspot, WiFi, LR connections, AEB, front assist, fridge, ... are not working and they still have no clue and off course no help at all from the importer nor JLR. When I’m back and have a bit more time I will contact them all to or find a solution or to take the car back...

Still curious to know if RoadRunner’s AEB and front assist is working now Wink
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Labbix, they still have the car and working on it.

I told them am not taking it back unless its fully fixed. Was 2 weeks yesterday since it was dropped off.

Was called last week too say i could have the car back as i was needing the trailer, but i said i had the works van in the mean time.

Mrs is not best pleased as kids are on hols and the Evoque is too small Sad

I gather yours is not fixed either ??

Will let you know the outcome as soon as i get an update. Thankfully the fridge, RSE, WiFi was ok, but the phase 4 was done last week and still too see if all is ok when cars back.

Autoglass called yesterday saying replacement screen is in stock, but cant book me in as i dont know how long cars going too be.

They are hesitant to fit the screen in case new cameras have too be fitted, plus will mean calibrating the cameras twice if they fit it now and the cameras need to be refitted.

Thankfully the insurance will cover the recalibration of the cameras as well, so all i need too pay is the excess on the screen.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

So got a call from the dealership, they have managed to convince JLR to supply me with a loan car based on the fact that the car is not fixed 100% and the fault is to do with Phase 4. So they are sending a D5 to the dealership and I can swap over the current loan car, with one from JLR.

No idea how long this is going to take, but at least they have sorted out a loan car for the duration!

Harwoods are a good dealership, and have bent over backwards before for me, so credit where credit is due, they seem to have helped the situation again.

• ravrav
    United Kingdom 

At the dealers. My optimism failed me.

So they now have the new '£950' module fitted, but it still will not take the update.

Dealer now waiting now for JLR tech assistance.

Sad
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Wow, thats so not good. I hope they get your car sorted.

I've been told that mine could take anything up to 2 weeks to sort as LR tech support have a backlog of customers with Phase 4 issues, so I may even get the whole of August without it!

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Shocked

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

*facepalm*.

THIS is why they should just implement Android Auto / Apple Car Play. What a disaster.
  • ravrav
    United Kingdom 

You won't believe this...

I picked the car up, with apologies for failed update and a new date booked for next attempt.

Only to find the phase 4 release WAS installed.

I tested rear media, which worked. But remote control did not work. Having found out how to pair the remote, this also works.

So I do have phase 4, and it works, contrary to what the dealer tells me.

Bizarre!
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Do you have the different screen set up i.e the 3 boxes?

My motor is booked in for next Thursday Smile
  • ravrav
    United Kingdom 

Yes, it is the 3 screen setup. Version info attached.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

ravrav wrote:
    You won't believe this...

I picked the car up, with apologies for failed update and a new date booked for next attempt.

Only to find the phase 4 release WAS installed.

I tested rear media, which worked. But remote control did not work. Having found out how to pair the remote, this also works.

So I do have phase 4, and it works, contrary to what the dealer tells me.

Bizarre!

You might want to check with the dealer and ask what part wasn't working. I'm under the impression theres a validation check that they run after the installation that tells them whats working and whats not.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum