Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Well my media ports are fooked and my Nav crashes the system regularly now.

Might go back to my £39 TomTom subscription on my phone and use Bluetooth streaming. God help LR and their autonomous driving program if they can’t get in car entertainment systems to work ! Shocked

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

My D5 is working perfect on errr err not sure what version. I think it's only had one update that was quite some time ago. I'm staying well away from the dealers.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

ravrav wrote:
    You won't believe this...

I picked the car up, with apologies for failed update and a new date booked for next attempt.

Only to find the phase 4 release WAS installed.

I tested rear media, which worked. But remote control did not work. Having found out how to pair the remote, this also works.

So I do have phase 4, and it works, contrary to what the dealer tells me.

Bizarre!

Hi Ravrav, can you please explain how to pair/sync the remote control?

Thanks Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • ravrav
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

To pair remote, hold home and power buttons down for a few seconds. Left and right selection buttons will start flashing. Then select 'pair remote' in the rear media settings.

Mine is booked in on 9th for a check over and further diagnostics.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Hi all, thought i'd give you an update about my car, since its been a week since I gave an update ...... And we are into the second week since the car went into the dealership for the Phase 4 upgrade.

Just had the dealership on the phone again, the car is still not fixed, and there last attempt has not only taken out the rear screens, but also the digital dashboard is not working correctly and the front media system!

So 1 step forward, but now 20 steps back!

I asked him whether he thought i'd have the car back before the end of the month and he laughed. I was actually being serious as I need it for a trip up to Birmingham with the kids, and the DS they have given me doesn't have the space for 7 people and bags. He told me that he expected to have the car back to me by the end of the week.. Yeah right.

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Hi guys...

I am having a problem. My Disco 5 came with the Phase 4 update when I collected it.
    It's a MY 2017 HSE Luxury btw. I tried to change the "Air Quality Setting" within the Climate-Control-Settings - but it's not there. Shocked

At first I thought this might have been an option, but it seems it's standard for all Disco 5 versions.

Could you guys help me out here? Was this an option for MY17 HSE Luxury or should I have it? Do you guys have the "Air Quality Setting" within your Climate-Control-Settings?

Greets & Thanks,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • Labbix

MY18 HSE lux phase3

• Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

:-/ Hmm that is weird.

Either it's an option with MY17 HSE Lux (which would really surprise me), or it's a bug in Phase 4...

Anyone with MY17 and/or Phase 4?

Thanks für your quick reply Labbix!

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

OK so they assured me it will now be fine to apply it so mine is in today ...update later Thumbs Up
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Hauser wrote:
    :-/ Hmm that is weird.

Either it's an option with MY17 HSE Lux (which would really surprise me), or it's a bug in Phase 4...

Anyone with MY17 and/or Phase 4?

Thanks für your quick reply Labbix!

Greets,
    Hauser

I have a MY17 HSE and Phase 4 update:-

• rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I have my car back! At last! After 2 weeks without it, they have finally sorted out the Phase 4 update and everything works! Fab!

Don't mind the Phase 4 look, its quite minimalist and not bad.

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Labbix

Hi rogersmj, good to hear, but I’m sure you did see the post a bit earlier that phase 5 is coming very soon Wink
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Just picked mine up ...seems to be working fine and a noticeably faster display when working through the menus etc Thumbs Up
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

screw phase 4, 5, 6 or 20 bring bloody car play and android auto!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum