Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

She must be watch you as you type Del. Whistle

Anyway, you’ll probably see me in this car when your up in your Heiland Gaff. Do you still have you’re usual fried breakfast at Brodie or has the Doctor advised you to steer clear?
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

No, my body is a temple. Thumbs Up I started running this time last year after I lost my brother in Feb 17, have now done 3 x 10k races and have one at the end of this month. Carrying a House of Brodie or two around is no longer an option.

Gratuitous pic from Cardiff Bay 10k earlier in the year. Peeps of a nervous disposition look away now. Laughing Laughing

Click image to enlarge

PS

Dangerdave wrote:
    She must be watch you as you type Del. Whistle

She lurks D4-side but hadn’t realised I pop in here every now and again to annoy peeps/enlighten peeps/gain enlightenment/get annoyed by peeps (delete as appropriate). Whistle
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Yes, sorry to hear about your brother, you were very close. Things like that are very difficult to live with and time doesn’t dull the pain.

Full marks for the exercise mid you. Thumbs Up

I’d like to say I should follow your example, but with 3 kids I get all my exercise. At least I am loosing one to Uni next year - for 5 years, two to go. Thumbs Up
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

Agreed re the pain but find time does help. I can at least think about it now.

Running is a great way to get away from it all. Just you, the road, weather and barking dogs. Or in my case mostly the treadmill. A year ago I couldn’t run for a bus (even though I thought I was reasonably fit), now I can easily do 10k in about 70 minutes without stopping or feeling like I need to collapse. Over the year I’ve run the equiv from Edinburgh to London. Just got to work on my speed a little bit before I book my place to Tokyo in a couple of years. Laughing Laughing
  • Verydisco
    United Kingdom 

Whoa, loving the Darth Vader look! Thumbs Up
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

The first wash. SWMBO tells me I need side steps and a tow bar. Rolling Eyes

I presume the former because she’s only 5’3” aka basically a Hobbit. Rolling with laughter

• DSL
    United Kingdom 

What, u washed her, she’s only weeks old? Shocked Shocked Don’t you know that’s what the annual service is for. Mine gets washed once a year whether she needs it or not. Whistle Whistle

Mind you, with this diesel dilution malarkie these D5s are going to be seriously over washed, positively worn out cleanliness wise. Thumbs Up
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Hardly. I'll do about 16k km a year so I reckon an oil service in between the annual services. Which is what the D4 got in its first few years as well. That means 2 washes a year from a service, on top of that every week after the weekend I take it off road which is 3 or 4 times a year. And before you ask, the wash is a week after so people in the city see that my car gets used as it should.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum