Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

New Car

The last purchase didn’t go ahead, but I’ve bunged down a deposit on this one. Sort of distinctive. I can’t decide if it will get keyed parked outside Tesco or I’ll end up with a queue of punters wanting a wee fix.
    Shocked

• DSL
    United Kingdom 

Or both. And children bursting into tears, sueing you later in life for PTSD. Whistle Whistle
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Del, I just need a white Nike tracksuit, some gold bling, a couple of fierce looking tattoos and a bint called Sharon riding shotgun and I am set. Laughing

In honesty I wondered if it was too black, but SWMBO tells me it’s not. Confused
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

Its a beast! Im a big fan!
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Looks fab, black is my favourite colour. But this time I went for silver because black is to high maintenance. Thumbs Up

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Chalkey
    England 

Looks fab, black is my favourite colour. But this time I went for silver because black is to high maintenance. Thumbs Up

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, the last 7 Land Rovers have been Black. I keep thinking another colour would be nice, but revert to black all the time.

Santorini Black was my weapon of choice, but Narvik came up as a no cost option and personally unless I’ve got my glasses on and it’s sunny, I can’t tell the difference. LR prices for paint are a rip off tbh. A manufacturer should include all colours cost free!

Black can be a challenge to keep clean, but I try not to be too OCD about it. It’s either to be used or a driveway ornament.

The only other thing is do I purchase a service plan or not. The last two LRs I had, I purchased the service plan and actually never used them apart from Ad Blu top ups. So that was over £1k wasted.

I am not sure what a service costs to be honest, i know an old D4 was about £350 for an A service, £450 for a B service. I am tempted to take a chance and not take it. Like most plans, they make money on it!
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

Dangerdave wrote:
    In honesty I wondered if it was too black, but SWMBO tells me it’s not. Confused

You just need to figure out what she wants. Then either get it for her first, earning precious brownie points, or run. Whistle Whistle

Laughing
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

You are right. I go with the flow.

I see Farnells are having a selling event on until Tuesday. £6k off list on all models.

I knocked that back and they followed it up with another £1k off. Certainly gets your attention.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Dangerdave wrote:
    Thanks, the last 7 Land Rovers have been Black. I keep thinking another colour would be nice, but revert to black all the time.

Santorini Black was my weapon of choice, but Narvik came up as a no cost option and personally unless I’ve got my glasses on and it’s sunny, I can’t tell the difference. LR prices for paint are a rip off tbh. A manufacturer should include all colours cost free!

Black can be a challenge to keep clean, but I try not to be too OCD about it. It’s either to be used or a driveway ornament.

The only other thing is do I purchase a service plan or not. The last two LRs I had, I purchased the service plan and actually never used them apart from Ad Blu top ups. So that was over £1k wasted.

I am not sure what a service costs to be honest, i know an old D4 was about £350 for an A service, £450 for a B service. I am tempted to take a chance and not take it. Like most plans, they make money on it!

I also opted for the service pack. The A service is circa £425 and B service £625 so if you keep the car for 3 years (3 services on a 3L) that would pay for itself. The service pack being only £825 for 5 services.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

That’s interesting. It’s a 2lt one I am getting. The next scheduled service is at 21k miles or 24 months. If that’s correct, then you are talking two services, an A & B in a 5 year period?

I see from a search on here that members are reporting £340 for an A service. No B service price coming up yet.
  • Chalkey
    England 

My last car was a discovery sport and I didn't use the service plan, I part -x it for the Discovery 5. But this car is that good I will keep it longer " hopefully ". and use the service plan. I also have overdosed on black cars in the past and needed at change, black is still my favourite colour Thumbs Up

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I pick it up on Tuesday. Thumbs Up

It was pre registered in June so I am not loosing out in not waiting until September.

The youngest had already named it the Bat Mobile. Rolling with laughter
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

DSL wrote:
    Dangerdave wrote:

You just need to figure out what she wants. Then either get it for her first, earning precious brownie points, or run. Whistle Whistle

Laughing

Del - How true that is! My wife adores her new D5 in the colour she chose Whistle Whistle

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

As we all know, a happy wife is a happy life. Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum