Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

It’s the same sound which I hear when I get the ‘getting to close’ red triangle on my dash. Although mine beeps 8 times (at least today when I made a video from it)
    I can select this feature just above the AEB settings.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I’m not sure my AEB works. Either that or I don’t have the balls to test it? Although I drove a BMW X3 last week where the warning came up when pulling out to overtake but getting close. I tried to replicate this in the D5 but it doesn’t do anything.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Labbix

This is not the AEB, as mine is not working and never has (and is now at the dealer again to have it fixed). It’s a different safety setting that gives me the red triangle and the beeps (and it’s not the parking sensors nor the forward detection thing as the last one is not working neither at the moment, hopefully all be fixed at the end of the week...)
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Sounds like the voice command cancel double beeps
    Have a listen 2 mins and 15 seconds into this video

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I have just checked the voice control but while that is 2 quick tones, the second is a lower tone so it isn’t that. It does sound exactly like the beeps in Labbix’ video. In the vehicle menu I don’t have any options above the AEB tick box though. I’ve also sent the link to the video to the dealer, maybe they can work it out.
    Thanks everyone!

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Labbix

Indus, if I get my car back from the dealer, I will put my dash in English and take a picture where I have this setting, should get the car back tomorrow...
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

No need to put the dash in English Whistle

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

The dealer has worked out this is the AEB kicking in momentarily. It only happens in bends to the right, ie when close to parked cars. There's one road that it happens on most of the time, which is one where the lanes are a little narrow with cars parked both sides. Just now I gave it a go, found a car parked in a bend and aimed a little closer than normal, There's a red triangle coming up on the TFT part of the dash and a message "Forward.... something". But when I steer past it the warning stops which is why there's only 2 beeps and the warning message long gone by the time I look at the screen.
    So at last, thanks to the guys at ALTO in Artarmon, the mystery is resolved.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Labbix

It’s the forward alert, the red triangle I get Wink But I had this even with a faulty AEB!
    Glad you have it sorted!
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

simonh wrote:
    Could also be false AEB warnings. My Disco Sport used to do this randomly. You have to be quick to see the warning on the dash too.

Yup Wink

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • whited3

I've disabled mine as I found it too sensitive and SWMBO found it disturbing. ie the car is saying something is wrong, ergo something must be wrong, ergo I should drive more carefully........... when in fact its the idiots on the road cutting in (which I can see happening but the car can't until it happens).
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I don't have the full system, just the default one that makes you have an accident at a lower speed. This cuts in much later than the system that stops the car. According to the dealer, you can turn it off in the vehicle menu but it switches itself back on every time you start the car. I'll live with it as it only happens once in a while, at least I'm not ignoring something important Smile

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum