Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Two short beeps - Resolved - AEB

When driving along occasionally I get two short beeps and I have no idea what the car is complaining about.

This has happened 3 times so far, it is coming from the dashboard and there's something that appears on the centre section of the dash (I don't have the full digital dash) but it comes and goes so quick I can't tell what it said. All 3 times I've been driving between 50-60km/h on a level local road. On one occasion I just left home so engine was cold and the other 2 times the engine was warm.

It is not a "safety" camera warning, not seatbelt related (first time I thought the shopping on the seat triggered it but that's not the case). When checking "Vehicle Information" for "Last Message" there's nothing there. I've checked fault codes with the IIDTool but that doesn't show anything. It's not fuel related, I don't tend to run it down much lower than 1/4 full. Vehicle health report in the remote app has all green ticks.

Anyone got ideas what these beeps could be for?

Ron

Last edited by IndusD4 on 3rd Oct 2018 8:42 am. Edited 1 time in total

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Is it over speed alert check what speed you have it set to Thumbs Up
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Thank you!

I haven't set it knowingly though. I'll check it out

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Thumbs Up
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

Could also be a speed camera warning. It doesn't show anything unless you have navigation open (if memory serves me well).
    But it does beep. a bit unnerving when you have no idea what it is and there's no visual warning to go with it.

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Could also be false AEB warnings. My Disco Sport used to do this randomly. You have to be quick to see the warning on the dash too.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

It isn't a speed camera warning as I turned them off. These alerts only happen for some cameras and not for others so are just a nuisance. Better to have no alerts from the system and stay alert yourself.

As for the overspeed on speed limiter I don't think that is it. I used it yesterday and it seems you need to activate the limiter first then set a speed. I've never used it and I don't think I ever will.

False AEB warnings - could be. I'd need to set up a small camera to catch the screen when it changes to be sure.

Thanks
    Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Mine does this as a speed camera warning even if the navy app is closed. Just check if it happens on the exact same place/spot as you drive.

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

It's not the speed camera alert. It did happen all on the same road but at different places. There are a lot of parked cars on both sides so maybe the AEB getting scared with my driving is plausible Very Happy

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

The AEB sound is more annoying beeps (like higher frequency to alert you) the two speed camera beeps are more like the musical sound

Like this (19 m 07 sec)

https://youtu.be/ZLzJTTZW5Q8?t=19m4s

AEB https://youtu.be/1r0o9VPyFw0 like this

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

It's similar to the AEB but there's only 2 beeps. It isn't that the AEB is engaging. I'll get a small camera tomorrow and see if I can record the dash. Come to think of it, it might be on my dash cam if it's not drowned out by music. I'll check that too.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Craigp
    England 

It's not moving from off road height to normal height is it?
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Nope, the speed for it to go back to normal is to high. I checked the dash cam which I put in the car last week, but it hasn't happened since I put this in. I'll catch it next time though.

I do believe it is an error/bug somehow as otherwise the screen would stay for a few seconds so you could read it. But it just changes for a split second, by the time you look you can just see it change back to what music is playing.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

I had the Emergency Brake system flash red, beep and start braking at the same time i started braking when some Censored suddenly stopped on the motorway. It was cutting it close.

But i barely saw the red sign flash on the dash info screen (between gauges). It doesn't stay long. I did notice the red in my peripheral vision though.
    Just like low DEF warning or Service due warnings at startup, which stay visible for a quick second before disappearing, but the "you've sat down" or "you've buckled up", those get a few seconds more, with a Press OK to clear.
    Because knowing you've sat down is much more important than being low on DEF or that a service is needed. Laughing

So unfortunately, thinking that " the screen would stay for a few seconds so you could read it", does not apply here.

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I managed to capture the sound on the Dashcam. At 13:07:51 I have the two beeps, and I'm now wondering if it is related to stability control?

Video is on my Onedrive - here

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum