Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Water leak

We went away for a few days and parked my car in on next doors drive which has a slight incline. On our return we found the car has been leaking in from the windscreen. The passenger foot well is soaking wet and we had water in the centre console were the gear selector is and my sun glasses in the holder were the centre courtesy light in the roof is wet.

I'm very worried water and electricis aren't good, it's booked in at our local Landrover dealer, but if it happens again I will call out Landrover assistance. I will be worrying about the cars electrics failing.

This isn't very good, I said to my wife before the cars 3 years old we might have to get rid and change to a different brand, which I will be gutted to do so. Big Cry

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

That's not good. Did you have a windscreen replaced?

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Chalkey
    England 

No it’s the original windscreen, it’s booked in at the dealership the 1st Oct.

If it leaks in again I will call Landrover assist and refuse to drive the car because of safety concerns. They can take away and sort me a loan car.

It’s not very good, for a so called premium brand Big Cry

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • cji73
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Yulong White

I had the exact same issue! I had the car for 8 months and all fine. Except the day it started raining, I parked on an incline and the water came in. Filled up the centre cup holders etc. It was in the dealers for 3 days. They had to take the whole console and dash board out and dry it out. Tried to get Land Rover to cover any future electrical issues that the car may suffer from. They refused!! Will wait and see. It has been 2 months now and all ok at the moment but like you are I concerned further down the line!
  • Chalkey
    England 

I had a hose pipe on the roof to day spraying water for 2 hours and no water 💦 came in from the roof I’m puzzled. But the passenger foot well is still wet from last week, I love the car and if I’m not happy with the fix I will change it before the warranty runs out.

If that happens I will leave the brand Big Cry

• Chalkey
    England 

Still leaking

I've just phoned Landrover there sending a engineer out to check my car. Water 💦 pouring from the left side windscreen. I'm going to refuse to drive it and ask for a loan car, I will keep you all informed what going on.

Here's a couple of container to collect water, I know Landrover are good in water Rolling with laughter but ideally out side the car. Big Cry

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I hope you get it sorted mate - Heartbreaking spending all this cash on a brand new motor for this to happen Sad

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

I had a similar issue.

Windscreen out and the dealer discovered there was a considerable section where the sealant was missing/deficient - so clearly a manufacturing fault. Easily remedied.

They have had to deal with a number with a similar problem, so that's probably what is wrong with yours.
  • Chalkey
    England 

Yes your right the windscreen sealant has failed, Landrover assist have been out and it's being recovered on a low loader.

He said it's not safe to drive because water dripping into the fuse box were the passenger clove box is. He also said it might be a couple of weeks to fix, to dry the car out and check all the electrics.

I'm getting a loan car, hopefully it might be a Range Rover Sort or Vogue

I will keep you all informed what's happening Big Cry

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

winger wrote:
    I had a similar issue.

Windscreen out and the dealer discovered there was a considerable section where the sealant was missing/deficient - so clearly a manufacturing fault. Easily remedied.

They have had to deal with a number with a similar problem, so that's probably what is wrong with yours.

Same here. Parked nose down on drive. Thursday and Friday’s heavy rain seems to have finally penetrated the windscreen bonding. Went straight to dealer and they discovered the screen on drivers side top corner flexes when pushed from the inside. Looks like the LR robots are not doing their thing properly and have missed a section. Or the bonding has failed.

Now needs a new windscreen fitted under warranty.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Chalkey
    England 

Not very good are car was taken away Thursday night and we have a loan car. What I've noticed with the loan car is that the stop/ start works, with the our discovery it doesn't. The dealer can look at that to, water has gone into the fuse box under the passenger seat clove box. The loan car is a Hyundai Santa Fa which is very nice but not as good as a Landrover when it works.

• Chalkey
    England 

Delighted today we’ve got our Discovery back. It had a new windscreen fitted new carpets hopefully we want have any more problems.

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Hope its fixed now. Mine has a windscreen leak now too ! Being sorted Friday

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Chalkey
    England 

Simonh perhaps our cars were made at the same time, they said the sealant was bent over so there wasn't a proper seal. I will keep a beady eye on it and if it happens again I will reject car I don't want to go down that road because every comes at a price and my hair will go totally grey if that happens.

• Labbix

So now we want to know when your car was built of course Wink
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum