Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Done. Wired into the back of the towing electrics socket, passed the wires down the rubber hole along side all the other wires and then spliced in.

• achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

what did you search for on ebay? i'm trying to get my hands on one of them too to try something out..

Ed Snow wrote:
    just to update you all on my 'upgrade'. Managed to buy a new unwanted towbar cover for £40 off ebay so I could drill holes in it and mess it up and not mess up the car if I got it wrong.

This is still work in progress with more pics to come once finished, including details of installation and part purchased to do the job, but just to give you a taster;

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 

According to the towbar fitting instructions

http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2011176

The part is available as four different numbers. LR082880, LR083036, LR083037, LR083038

As far as I could tell they are different colours. I concluded using the internet and looking at sites like Britpart that LR083037 was for HSE spec 'white silver'

Last edited by Ed Snow on 3rd Nov 2018 4:24 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

can't find a cheap one anywhere Sad no rush anyways Smile

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 

you should have a PM from Road Runner.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Had to replace the reversing light. It died ( whilst in the dealers ..........it didn’t work when the car was picked up. So I checked the rear reverse dash cam, it was working when I reversed in the dealers car park when dropping the car off.........

Good job they were very cheap and came in a pair.

30 minutes job.
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I’ve at last nearly resolved my new upgrade to the reversing lights, and will post further photo this evening showing the light spread.

I’ve tried reversing late last night in complete darkness in a very lane back lane and the lighting was superb, showing a huge difference on the reverse camera display but even more importantly permits you to use the wing mirrors effectively.
    I have mounted under the rear bumper since it reduces glare on the camera, and others possibly behind, but also Petey light spreads out to the side permitting you to look down the side of the car.

The light modules I’ve used are 16W 3xLED modules obtained from Response Vehicle Lighting

http://responsevehiclelighting.co.uk/produ...d-SlimLine™-Grill-%7B47%7D-Directional-LED-Light-%252d-12%7B47%7D24v-%252d-Amber%2C-Blue%2C-White%2C-Red%2C-Green.html

Presently the electrics are a bodge running from the 13-pin Euro trailer plug, but I wish to use the trailer wiring connector to drive my lights, and as such obtained both male and female C44-N1 & C44-N2 connectors.

Unfortunately these don’t seem to have come with pins, and so far these seem to be incredibly expensive prewired pins, approx £30 each, and I need 6x Male and 6x Female pins!

Basically I need the the pins from the following part numbers:

I’m looking to intercept the cars wiring loam connector so I don’t have to physically mess with either the cars wiring loom, and using a Male and Female connectors straight wired back to back it permits the raider wire harness to be attached too.
    All I need to do then is to intercept one of the wires to power my reversing lights.

The ground isn’t included within this connector so I still need to find a suitable ground, but hoping that most, if not all car bodywork is grounded and there’s a bolt hole somewhere in the rear I can use.

If anyone knows how/where I can obtain the relevant pins (not necassiriky prewired) at midnight Nima cost I’d be most grateful.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

There is a dedicated ground point inside the boot well on the near side. That’s what I used. Probably a picture earlier on in the thread
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, I shall take a look.

It was interesting that your light failed, perhaps down to vibration.
    This is why I had abandoned my previous lighting mock-up, since each of the previous LED worklamps had 6x LEDs but had a lot of weight.

The current LED modules are small with little weight and guaranteed for 5 years and designed to take into consideration varbration as they’re ECE R65 approved lamps for response vehicles.
    Btw you must connect together both the red and white wires on the lamp else the lamp strobes by default, as these are strobing lights that can also remain permanently on.
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 

So here’s the before after after photos showing the difference in my driveway.
    I did test last night in pitch black and the results were even more dramatic.

BEFORE

AFTER

• Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Very impressive

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Is the reverse wire 'live' to the 13 pin socket when selected, irrespective of a trailer being attached? if it is live, rather than splice into the vehicles wiring, is it not feasible to connect the auxiliary lights to its own 13 pin plug and simply connect that to the cars installed 13 pin tow socket . or is that too simple?
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 

Harry,

The cars wiring loom has a socket to accept the trailer harness, and you not need to wire to one pin and an Earth from within the underfloor section of the boot.

It’s live whether theres a trailer or not.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Big Al. If the car already has a tow pack, the socket/connector you refer to is already occupied. isn't it
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 

Look under the rear nearside, under the bumper trim and you will clearly see two sockets that are part of the cars loom. You can see these in the diagram that I previously posted.

If you’ve a towbar and electrics towpack fitted then both sockets will be occupied.
    You unplug the 6-pin (smaller) trailer harness plug from its socket and instead insert a straight wired male to female adaptor (which I created which has has a cable intercepting the reverse wire) into the now vacant socket. The trailer male plug in then inserted into the female socket of the adaptor.
    This reinstates full trailer electrical connectivity to the 13-pin Euro socket, and also powers my reversing lamps, easy 😁
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum