Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Lights setting wrong side of the road and not changeable

Car got all the latest software from today, only to discover the lights settings are ‘drive on left’ where here we ‘drive at right’ side of the road. But it’s impossible to change as it automatically pops back to ‘drive on left’.
    This is not only dangerous for other cars coming to me when driving in the dark, but as well the automatic cruise control will brake when I overtake, causing really dangerous situations...
    Car was in for a month to have all software fixed and the dealer showed me the full lists of updates done and still the software is buggy, absolutely shocking as correct position of the lights (and the acc) is not only a nice to have, but really a safety issue!

Last edited by Labbix on 4th Dec 2018 12:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Labbix

• davidls
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

Do you have the LED headlights? If so the position isn’t changeable as they are designed as a flat or neutral position and therefore aren’t biased to a left or right hand driving position on the road.
  • Labbix

Ok, good to know, so it’s only affecting the automatic cruise control? still dangerous.
    Anyhow, the car is back at the dealer and they are in contact with JLR to see what’s going on this time.
    But I really wonder if I’m the only one suffering from this issue, as before the updates it was working, and it would be strange that only my car would be affected.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

It doesn’t move the lights. Flat beam so no need as mentioned.

It will however make the in coming traffic sensing not work correctly as it’s bias is to look the wrong way effectively. So you’re auto dip won’t work well and you’ll dazzle people.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum