↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I suspect mse works for Land Rover?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

ahhh... Wink

I'd rather have a 5MB OTA update than have to leave my D5 for the day at the dealer. Maybe one day LR will allow us to do this Rolling with laughter

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I've had the S18D upgrade today with Apple CarPlay, but I noticed that the streaming music over bluetooth has stopped working. It seems that now you need to be connected via cable to USB for the iPhone to be used as a media source, or use Apple CarPlay (and also need the USB cable). Is that normal?

The upgrade was done and the smartphone pack was installed without charge. On the notes it mentioned a discount due to the bluetooth issues reported with the old software. Thumbs Up

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Labbix

I don’t have 18D nor ACP on my car, but to use ACP it’s correct the phone has to be connected by wire, USB or similar, it’s part of the ACP, so for all makes the same
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I understand that but when not using ACP I would have expected the bluetooth connection still to stream music, but it doesn't. When checking the phone, there is no option to direct the sound anywhere else but the phone itself. Yet the phone part of the bluetooth connection appears to work.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Labbix

Wish I could check it, but still without the car... but this non connectivity wouldn’t be the first bug, nor the last one I believe, unfortunately, again.
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I've only had my car for a day and I'm still getting to know it.
    I've got ACP and AA but to be honest I'm probably not going to use it much, which is a surprise to me.

It works well enough, but my main reason for using it is so that I can use Waze.
    But not all functions of Waze get through to the car display - this isn't a fault of JLR its a limitation of the software.
    So for instance if theres an accident, I can't bring up the notification icons to let other Wazer's know about it.

I've decent phones - by far the best is my Samsung Note 9 its got a large screen and I'll use that to run Waze and navigation.
    This will reduce the load on the car's infotainment system and leave the car display for contacts, media and controlling the climate and seats etc. That's plenty to keep the display busy.
    I suppose all I'm doing is the same as JLR in the new models they are using dual screens.

I may change my mind as I get more used to the car, but for now that seems the most sensible option. Thumbs Up

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

IndusD4 wrote:
    I understand that but when not using ACP I would have expected the bluetooth connection still to stream music, but it doesn't. When checking the phone, there is no option to direct the sound anywhere else but the phone itself. Yet the phone part of the bluetooth connection appears to work.

Well, time to eat humble pie. Apologies to LR, this is user error.

On the day that my car went in for a service, I also installed my new Telstra router. And changed the WIFI network name, pretty much on all devices I could think of and all was well.

Just now I tried playing music from iPhone via AppleTV to an amp and speakers..

Just like the car, the phone wouldn't see the AppleTV either to direct the sound to. Then I realised I hadn't changed the AppleTV to the new WIFI setup, changed it then it all worked. So I wondered if the car had the same issue. And it did!

So it seems that if you have a WIFI connection set up in the car and the iPhone, the phone validates the Bluetooth connection to direct the output to with the WIFI network name - they need to be the same in the car as on the iPhone.

Well I never knew that.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Cheers Ron.

Sounds like a lack of good doco from LR to me.

Out of interest do you have a data sim in the discovery?

Assuming that the car is set to the wifi ssid of your home router network and don’t have a seperate wifi hotspot configured in the car.

Thanks
    Gav

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

HI Gavin,

Yes I do. I got a cheap $10 Optus 45 day phone with data sim. Works fine but if you drive a lot the data doesn't last 45 days. I drove quite a bit this month and it appears to be out of data - I get a "traffic not available" or something to that effect on the SatNav. I guess you could use a phone hotspot and connect the car to it in lieu of having a separate SIM.

I don't use the car hotspot at all, I see no need for that as most of the time it is just my wife and I in the car. We use our phones for data, with CarPlay I can use Google Maps from the LCD screen and use phone data. At home it can connect to the home WIFI,

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Thanks Ron

I’m on Telstra for my mobile.
    My eldest boy has a Kogan mobile prepaid plan and was thinking of getting this with a new sim for the car.
    13gb data/month buy on special for 365 days
    Works out at $18/month

https://www.koganmobile.com.au/medium-365-day-prepaid-plan/

Also they have a small plan available with 3gb / month.

For others following these are phone planes for Australia.

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum