Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Two days for a softare update?

Booked mine into Harwoods Croydon today to get the spare tyre sensor sorted - even if they just have to lower and rotate it, I want them to do it, as I have way too many back/joint problems to do all of that. But also asked to get the software updated to fix a camera issue and benefit from Apple CarPlay.

But they told me it's a two day job to update the software! What do these dealers use - a 14,400kb dial-up modem?!

Either way, next available date for a collection was 2nd week of January! So a bit of time to wait...

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

I just called my dealer. Booked the D5 in for when it fitted my diary and collected my car the same day it went in. Simple.

Also got a valet too.

Loan Disco Sport HSE for the day. Free of charge. I just pay for the fuel.

Dealer variation and customer service variation is shocking. Been using mine for 20 years. Been brilliant all the time.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

My 18c software update and smartphone pack was done overnight. I was away on business so it was actually more convenient dropping it in on the day I travelled away then picked it up next day on my way home.

This was principally at my request as they were going to do it a single day. This was even while the dealership is being rebuilt around them with less than half their normal facilities available. Dealer variation does seem to be a notable phonomenon. It seems mine is one of the good ones but it certainly doesn’t actually take two days.

Jon
  • Andy3445
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Same for me, 2 days but it did include the 1st first service too, it was all complete and ready for pick by 10:30 of the second day
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Car went into HARWOODS CROYDON on Monday, for the two days as booked weeks ago.

Got a call at 3pm same day to say it was ready - spare TPMS light and software upgrade to fix a camera issue all sorted! So it didn’t take two days!

I asked if that meant I now had Apple CarPlay too...? No, said the Service advisor - too many problems with it, so I’d only have been given Phase 4 and LR were reworking Phase 5.. So how happy was I to scroll through the icons on the dash looking for what was new and find Apple CarPlay after all! Happy days!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

My 18C update took about 2 hours. I test drove a Jaguar I-Pace while I waited....
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

747_JK wrote:
    So how happy was I to scroll through the icons on the dash looking for what was new and find Apple CarPlay after all! Happy days!

Result Thumbs Up

I use it more than the LR system now. They should install CarPlay as standard and offer InControl as an option Rolling with laughter

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

does anyone know what the lastest software version is for a 2017 HSE? Mine is running the 4 tile one, which I think is the original, but wanted to know what I am asking the dealer to update to whilst they're undertaking the other 8 updates in the next couple of days. Thanks Smile

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The same as MY19, current latest is 18D.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Perfect thank you

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Probably best to complain of USB errors, broken sound etc to make sure they do it! Thumbs Up
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

With all the other stuff i have moaned about and their general terrible service which theyre trying to make up for, have a feeling they will do it. Shocking though that you have to have a fault to get an update, yet Volvo update all software every time the car is serviced

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Well I might have been lucky to get the software upgrade, but it hasn't fixed the camera issue. Put the car into reverse on Saturday when trying to do a tricky parking manoeuvre for my son's swimming lesson, and no cameras - just the beeping sensors and PDC diagram on the screen. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - why oh why can LR just not get it right!

And whilst I have Apple Car Play, I've noticed a circa 80% success rate. 1 in 5 times I plug my phone in, my phone recognises Apple Car Play, but the LR screen says "Apple Car Play Not Available" or words to that effect.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I am sure i will regret asking for it to be uodated, but they have confirmed theyre doing it.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum