Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

I record all my conversations with JLR, but that will not stand in court... only useful to put a bit of pressure on them to maybe being truly helped
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Got the official letter this morning witholding my rejection....

The "Thorough" Investigation conducted looks like it failed to detect the software patch applied on the 9th March the day before i picked it up for oil dilution ..... This took that long it nearly delayed the pick up on the 10th.

The finance company has stated that there was NO fault at point of purchase neither was there a fault developing after the purchase, it just seems odd that they would attempt to apply a soft ware patch for a problem that is widely known out side of the JLR bubble after it flagged on the PDI ?

Of course drive style also had a mention, there was some correspondace with customer care regards not driving short journeys and not driving on Motorways, i was told AGAIN to refer to the handbook where there was clear advice given as to how i should drive the vehicle !

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Where in the printed or online or iGUIDE does it describe the correct second style or that you have to avoid motorways and add to A road congestion ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

It doesn't, but i have requested confirmation from the Lady at LRCS, She has pointed me towards the good book but i stated this had only just just come to fruition so when could i expect an update ?

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

simonh wrote:
    Where in the printed or online or iGUIDE does it describe the correct second style or that you have to avoid motorways and add to A road congestion ?

Where does it state the opposite though in that short distances do not work ?

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

It doesn’t. Just says :

Quote:
    Depending on the type and style of driving that the vehicle is subjected to, the indicator may display a service message at a shorter distance than shown in the service interval plans.

And leaves it completely open to what that actually means. No hint or clue to the owner. Massive get out clause for LR.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

How short ?

1,700 Miles ?

Judging from my use, i would expect to see maybe 13,500 ? 15,000 would be great 16,000 doubtful.

I have advocated early oil changes in other vehicles i have owned, Track day cars, fast road use etc, In my D3 which i owned for 7 years i chenged the Oil every 5K.

I'd moan if it did only 10K out of the 16,000 but for it to do only about 10% of the specified ammount is absolutely absurd, how can they expect any normal owner to throw that ammount of time effort and money into keeping up to date with a service interval of less than 2K Miles.

No matter how vague it appears in the hand book, there is no way they can expect me to maintain this level of service regime.

• DSL
    United Kingdom 

Time to sticker it up “This car needs serviced every 2,000 miles” and leave it parked in front of the LR dealer?
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

I was hoping it wasn't going to come to that... BUT ! it looks inevitable !

Still hoping that the ombudsman can see the same flaws in their Bull !

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I lost faith in the Ombudsman, well the financial one anyway. It all hinged on a company saying they’d sent a letter to me and me saying I’d not received it. I assumed without a simple proof of posting, they’d find in my favour - Wong!

My contention is if they took the company’s word for it they sent it, why not take my word for it that I’d not received it? If they can’t get that right .......
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

I've gone down the Motor Vehicle Ombudsman route, which seems both lengthy and protracted...

My vehicle has been in the dealer All week and they have found NO faults in that it is NOT dispalying a generic fault assosciated to a code that can be read, The vehicle has a re-gen succes rate of about 75% which equates to 1 re-gen out of 4 failing which is deemed as generally acceptable due to road conditions, roundabouts other drivers etc so it appears that this is working correctly.

The inherrant problem lies with the vehicle's inability to calculate the indicator displaying miles till next service. This is something which it left the factory with and something which cannot be re written.

So, in order to give some clarity and for me peace of mind i am hoping that the Ombudsman has an impartial view upon this and i hope that some common sense is applied. I hope to garner some positivity from this in order to set the bar not just for myself but for others who are also banging their head against a brick wall with JLRCS who are still claiming this is not something that they are aware of.

Fingers and toes crossed !

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Dangerdave... Only 500,000 letters go missing every week apparently. so thats 83k a day. but they didn't lose yours????????? I bet.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

It made a difference between getting compo for a mis sold endowment that fell about £20k short.

The Ombudsman took the word of Phoenix Inusrance who stood to loose that money if found against! No prof of posting, nothing, just their word. The Ombudsman in that case was absolutely awful, I’ve no faith in the system.

I could have taken them to court, but my heart wasn’t in it after that disappointment.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I would have thought a Company that size would have kept records of post in and out. Bet they wouldn't surrender that info to ombudsman .

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum