Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Hopefully people will do their Homework before purchasing these cars, that way when they are sat in the dealers some one might take notice and come to realise that not all cutomers want to be buying Vehicles that first of all are NOT fit for purpose and secondly that the manufacturer cannot just start changing marketing strategy and literature to suit their faults and warranty come back issues......

Pulling a stunt like this should be recieving some kind of an investigation... To just start accepting that all manufacturers are the same just means that we are accepting the rubbish that these companies churn out.

VW's emmisions scandal hit them hard, i'm not sure JLR could bounce back from a hit like that, no matter how much money TATA throw at it !

With this new global emmisions test in the form of WLTP where all manufacturers are supposed to be conforming to efficiency and global environmental ratings i wonder how driving in Sport with manual shifting on ring roads at high revs conforms to that of the real world testing that these vehicles will be subject to ?

Last edited by Chalkys HSE on 28th Jan 2019 12:11 am. Edited 1 time in total

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I've just checked my service record on line and the warranty conditions have changed.
    In small letters at the bottom of the servicing page it states that servicing may be required before the 12 month/16000 mile service due to driving conditions and will be notified on the dash read out.
    I never noticed that before when I checked it after taking delivery of it in April last year, It also states that it is a 2017 model. I wasn't told that either when I bought it in April 2018.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Thats shocking they sold you an old model???
    How many miles are you getting between services?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

I bought mine in March and assumed i'd be getting a 2018MY vehicle, i some how ended up with a 2017MY !

Quite a sneaky think to do that...... shift the old crap out that they know is wrong whilst holding back on the 2018MY vehicles......

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Just checked online service history. They havent recorded the "interim" oil and filter change.

So are they just hiding them so when people check a cars service history it looks normal?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

How do you check ?

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Yes, how do you check it on line ?

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Link above.

Its only record now they dont give a service book with the car

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Cheers, Just checked mine, My previous 3 Oil services are not recorded against the car, neither are any outstanding warranty issues,

It's due its first service at 16,000 mies I,m only at just over 10,000 but i'm hoping it's going to do its shaking and smoking routine before then and set on fire,

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Mine is recorded as have it first service in july 18 at 6950 miles, undertaken by paragon fleet services.

So.dealer didnt have to service it when I bought it in September, since it was done by JLR as part of their de-fleet.

I bought it at 7300 miles and had the oil change at 12900 with 1000 miles to service showing (because it went back to dealer for 15 days for them to do all of the other stuff they didnt do before I got it in September, plus the peeling paint that showed up after I bought it)

To be fair to my car, theres nothing other than the service issue wrong with it now, woth latest infotainment software installed the weord parkikg sensor issues and cameras npt being available seem to have disappeared.

• Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

mordred1973 wrote:
    Link above.

Its only record now they dont give a service book with the car

Uk only????? Big Cry

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Don't know the answer to that Blackfly. The issue of course is if you sell to anyone other than a LR dealer, how do you prove the service history?

Apologies, IF? WHEN you sell to another dealer since after experiencing Disco5 ownership no one will ever buy from a Land Rover dealership again

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Anyone can access it if they have the VIN>
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

So since N 222 on 13/11/2018 all seems well done 3061 miles and Service indicator "dropped" by only 2750.

Only comment I can add is we do tend to drive it "hard"...school trips all on country lanes and Motorway blasts very rarely sees any traffic and hardly ever see anything above 30MPG. Rolling Eyes

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum