Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

sorry (whilst frustrating) that is rather amusing...to provide their own 7 day cover they want a tracker fitted. Thus they actually never provide the 7 days coverage ever, so nil cost to JLR

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

A lot of people were caught out then, LR changed their insurers and obviously did not check out the consequences Whistle !
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

I had similar experience with the 7 day drive away insurance.

The quote to me was ‘the security of the vehicle is insufficient for us to insure’ Needless to say they wouldn’t even quote for an annual policy.

Apart from the hassle it caused trying to get my existing insurer to underwrite my old XF sportbrake and the new disco (so it could be taxed), the 7 day was a waste of time.

Jon
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I had same problem on a new hse lux with extras. On the road cost put it over the threshold for LR insurance to cover without a proper tracker. Think the limit was just over 70k.

The dealer offered to get a tracker fitted but it would have been 500 pounds plus, then the annual subscription. Either that or he said from experience that NFU covered them without a tracker. I checked with my own insurer (Admiral) and they did not require one either. Seems to be a case of shopping around, but it does seem poor that the LR insurer is hit and miss for 7 day cover, depending on what you're buying.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Had no issues whatsoever as both times, both garages sorted out all the paperwork.

First Edition had no tracker fitted as standard, as far as i can remember, Just In Control Pro, but i may be wrong.

However the Hse Lux does have the option, as ticked the box for the tracker after i posted up on here enquiring about it and the difference between ICP.

Never read the small print as garage said we were covered, and all we had to do was sign on the dotted line.

However after reading the last few posts it seems we were not covered in the First Edition Shocked

Will definately read the small print from now on.

Just goes to show putting 100% faith in the dealers is a big no no !!

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

MY17 D5 HSE has Secure as standard I thought ? Or did LR add it to their management cars ? Mine being a LR ex-management car.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

The HSE does not get secure subscription as standard however all Management cars have this subscription added. Thats why you have it.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Had no issues whatsoever as both times, both garages sorted out all the paperwork.

First Edition had no tracker fitted as standard, as far as i can remember, Just In Control Pro, but i may be wrong.

However the Hse Lux does have the option, as ticked the box for the tracker after i posted up on here enquiring about it and the difference between ICP.

Never read the small print as garage said we were covered, and all we had to do was sign on the dotted line.

However after reading the last few posts it seems we were not covered in the First Edition Shocked

Will definately read the small print from now on.

Just goes to show putting 100% faith in the dealers is a big no no !!

First Edition has the tracker fitted Thumbs Up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Mine seems to have it, as got a call whist I was fitting the luggae net (I was sitting in the boot) to say car was moving and engine was off, so was the car OK. I had a laugh as I didnt think I was moving it about that much.

Do you have to renew the subscription every year?

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Not as far as I am aware, I belive it comes with the car and is for three years from new

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thanks Russell, i was not 100% sure Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

this is not as simple as it appears...
    Ive had our HSE nearly a year...
    Insurance now given me 28 days to fit a Cat5 or Cat5s Tracker. (in-control secure cant be retrofitted and if so its only Cat6 so not compliant!
    watch this as it appears a lot of folk may not be aware they aren't covered!

I'm on a corporate policy so no option to swap.

anyone got any recommendations?

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I went with the AA. No tracker, fully Comp, protected, no voluntary excess, £100 compulsory - £260, but then I am the Highlands.

I remember, about 5 years ago with a D4, similar terms, I got the premium under £100!
  • DS51MUD
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Hi
    I started this link when purchasing my D5, with two days before collection i was told i required a Tracker to be fitted.

I am now using Smartrack, (GTP track,) its all approved by my fleet insurance policy and gives you an app to track your own vehicle.

You have to pay a fitting fee to an approved installer they give you a installation certificate and a payment link for a monthly subscription.

I hope this helps
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Ive gone with Smartrack , will report back but seems most logical option and local installer highly recomended it.

seems S5 is the only option for most insurers now.
    Cat 5 now redundant since beginning of the year when they realised you cant fit an immobilizer to electric vehicles!

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum