Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I had the misfortune of opening the boot from the inside last year and the wind caught it, wacking the bottom of the boot and hitting the metal parking sign post behind it. Luckily no dents or cracked paint. Just a bit of paint the size of a rice grain was chipped off. Any how managed to use a touch up stick to sort it. Was just on the bottom edge. Hence the flexible chrome strip at the bottom from the dealer, incase it ever happens again.
    That's why a few posts back i suggested the strip, until I realised I had got it wrong Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

The lower part i.e number plate down is plastic ...the bit with the 'discovery' text on above is alu6000 as is much of the other panels ..the inner structural sections are alu5000 Smile
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Thanks DG.

I guess the plastic is to save weight and the aluminium for structural strength considering row 3 passengers are right behind the tailgate.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Russell if you look at my post just above the video, you will see that I mistakenly thought it was the bottom of the tail gate, not half way up, hence reason I suggested a flexible chrome strip like I have on my cars boot lid.
    Yes it is plastic. I realise that now apologies. Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Yes I was told that the door is plastic, I've checked my door and each corner the paint has come off slightly but you carn't see it when closed. I will try and take some photos later.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

I know this is an old thread, but the same thing happened to me today. I hit the wrong button by mistake and I'm so mad.

However, if they designed the button press behaviour with a bit of common sense like my partner's X-trail and my two BMW's before the D5 which require a long deliberate press to operate, this could have been avoided. I have enough trouble fitting in spaces without having to leave that much room in case there is a button press error.

Does anyone know if a 3rd party have the capability to alter this behaviour? I know you used to be able to disable the BMW stop/start permanently on BMW's for example?
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Labbix wrote:
    My comment will not help you, but I always wondered why the car manufacturers do not foresee a proximity sensor to prevent this? .

There are already two sensors available for this purpose Whistle Wink
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum