Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Has anyone in the UK actually paid for an early oil.ans filter service? Trying to work out average cost to include in a compromiae the dealer is working on. Thanks

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

My 2 extra oil changes were done under warranty. No cost to me.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Ah theyre telling me LR wont pay under warranty (and showed me the official oil dilution document from LR telling dwalers to charge for it)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The JLRP00100 document allows multiple oil changes under warranty without charge if you are less than 75% of the service mileage. Once you reach 50,000 miles then is no longer applies.

How many are you needing each year?

Last edited by jimbg on 31st Jan 2019 6:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

They said only applies to cars reg beforr 1 june 17

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I have not seen that documented anywhere, but I presume that is when the brochure changed and no longer just said a fixed 16,000 miles service interval.
  • Craigp
    England 

So after 2000 miles I got the call again. (Service required). I rang my dealer booked in for next week. I checked it would be complementary and he said of course. I mentioned to him i was one of the lucky one getting complimentary oil changes because i understood that cars purchased a little later than mine had to pay. He told me that their dealership (Hatfields) had taken the decision that all D5's suffering from early service, irrespective of purchase date would get a complementary oil and filter change and they would stand the £145 suggested cost that LR advised. (I put that price in because i believe others have been quoted much more)
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

I got one free oil and filter change.
    They applied an SW update. That didn't work as expected.

Last week I got another SW update and now it looks promising. KM to oil service finally start to go up rather than down. Let's hope it stays this way. Smile

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

I have had no early service warning, no updates or anything. At the moment, the service interval is going up not down (it went up 50 miles whilst I sat at Castle Cary station with the engine running for 45 minutes to keep warm after GWR cancelled the first train to London!). I've driven for two months without it changing at all - mostly motorway, two hour'ish runs.

My annual mileage is around 9.5k, and what I cannot recall is whether last year the annual service was date triggered or based on the mileage. Keeping an eye on this year, as I have another two and a bit months to go.

I feel the pain that some of you are having, but it hasn't inconvenienced me yet.

What has is leaking windscreens, rubbish infotainment software and, today, the car be recovered from home to the dealer with a coolant leak (LRA wouldn't drive it, though I drove it 100 miles yesterday). Local dealer doing a good job, as usual - another area that I am lucky in.
  • Craigp
    England 

I have the 3litre SE model. Sat in the dealers at the moment waiting for my early service oil change. Just been informed there is a software upgrade to be installed for both the DEF problem and my electric deployable tow bar. Maybe progress or is that wishful thinking.
  • Craigp
    England 

I have the 3litre SE model. Sat in the dealers at the moment waiting for my early service oil change. Just been informed there is a software upgrade to be installed for both the DEF problem and my electric deployable tow bar. Maybe progress or is that wishful thinking.

MY2017.
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Latest update seems promising! Milage to service keeps going up, not down. Smile

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • unido
    United Kingdom 

So are MY2018 fixable or is the SDV6 still the reliable option?
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

After 3 oil changes in 15000 miles my 18my got the N222 reflash, have now done 6000 miles and still showing 10000 miles to next service, so based on my experience to date I would say re-flashed 18my TDV6 are ok for the early service indication.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Same here, I've had changes at 3 and 6 months. At 6 months the patch was applied and all is well now.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum