Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Carwow

Anyone ever bought via carwow ?

Interested in any good and bad feedback pre and post purchase. Does the dealer treat you differently ? Are savings actually as good as the seem to be etc ?

Cheers

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Everyone wants to save money but the truth is that any after sales is likely to be dealt with by your nearest or preferred dealership and I have to say from past experience that 1. You get better treated by LandRover if you buy new, rather than nearly new and 2. You get better treated by the dealership if you bought the car from them.

And given what you have in your signature regarding your dealership I'd be inclined to see how close they could do to the price you want to pay rather than go for the absolute best price. My son works for a dealership (Not LR) and you can understand their frustration when they spend three and four hours giving test drives, going through figures and then find they up and off to CarWOW. So if that were your dealership how do you think you'd react when that guy comes back with an issue that requires some grace and favour assistance.

Hse Lux SDV6
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

I used car wow to negotiate a deal at my dealers. They had no issue matching car wow Thumbs Up

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

We recently brought an MX5 and got a deal from Carwow, went back to the dealers local to us and got the same deal

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Thanks. It’s not for another LR hence it wouldn’t be via my dealer.

Good feedback on dealers matching the price. Makes sense as dealers quote the price to you via carwow. Seems maybe carwow are a good indicator of how much discount a dealer could give for a particular car and model though.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I got a carwow quote for an Audi. Went to the dealership - Hawco, Inverness and it went Censored up.

After sitting us down at their desk, the salesman went completely silent, started to fiddle on the computer for at least 20 mins - could have been reading his emails or surfing eBay and then quoted for a car I didn’t ask for. Censored rude, so without a word I got up and walked out - tosser.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

From what I can see car wow just aggregate current offers from dealers if you click buy through them you still pick the car up with the dealer you selected I wouldn’t have thought it any different to doing it through one of their own sales guys? I guess car wow get the commission rather than the in house sales rep? Even the finance is with the dealer as far as I could make out.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • TechnoTurkey
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

I purchased a Skoda Fabia through CarWow and found the whole experience to be very straight forward and got a great deal.

The dealer was miles away but delivered the car at no cost and a local dealer has picked up the servicing etc, You pay the dealer directly, I think CarWow just takes a fee from the dealer for each completed sale.
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

as above, i think carwow take a finders fee only.

everything else is dealer and paperwork mentions nothing of car wow

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I used these guys a few years ago. https://www.autoebid.com/new-cars/Land%20R...l-uk-deals

Excellent service. Thumbs Up
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the additional feedback and experiences. Appreciated Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I’ve used CarWow my re than once, including to get my new Disco. Funnily enough the most competitive dealer was my local one. Ended up saving 8%... which I thought was pretty decent.

I’d thoroughly recommend CarWow and, as others have said, it’s also a great way to get a local dealer to match a price to get the business.

Cheers

Rik

MY2019 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Corris grey, Dynamic Pack, Black contrast roof, Adaptive Dynamics, Electric Tow Pack
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Rik.

Still mulling on what to buy. It’s easy in LR land. Small LR, Medium LR, Large LR. Posh or basic spec.

There’s like a billion different options outside my familiar world of LR Neutral

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum