Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

2018 Discovery Sport - 240hp diesel

My Dad's looking at one - were these afflicted by the same oil change issues as 2018 Discovery's?

He's getting pricing on a March 2018 one from the dealer with 5k miles on it, and a brand new 2019 stock car.

Keen to know if both have "safe" engines to buy!

Thanks...

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

The early oil change issues were on the TDV6 3Ltr, not the 240BHp 4 pot ingenium engines

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • chicken george
    United Kingdom 

Mav on discosport says his 240 is fine for oil dilution, others disagree. not many around to get a fair sample.
    Mines a DS180 does around 11000 on a change, otherwise its a fine car. Being a 2017 I get fee oil changes not sure about 2018's thats down to negotiation powers.

brand new Id go for the petrol personally

Chicken George, Land Rover owner for decades , and proud buyer of British products.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

The DS 240hp engine seems a safe bet, but its not a car I would personally buy and I’ve had two in the past, including a 2018 one.

They suffer from B pillar rattles, rusted rear brakes, paint defects, dodgy electrics, throttle lag and a whole multitude of other problems. I just wouldn’t take the risk. Pick a Volvo XC40/60. Thumbs Up
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Well he's gone for one - and a very nicely spec'd HSE LUX too.

Just one question, which is the forum I should suggest he join, from the same people who run Disco5.co.uk. I can't see one listed at the bottom of the homepage, and the ones which come up via Google search... well, I can't tell if I'm finding the "right" one...?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Maybe he should do a search and pop in to the different forums, however there really is only one https://www.discosportforums.co.uk but beware, the majority have had problems with their Disco Sport and are very vocal about it.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

There's a post somewhere (might be on disco4.com) where Martin explained he doesn't run a disco sport forum as another had beaten him to it. I'll see if I can find it.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I'm wrong about Martin not having a forum - http://discosport.com/forum/

But supposedly it isn't very active.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Ahhhh, so that's why I didn't recognise the "style" of the other forums...!

OK, if they are overly negative, I'll keep off them.

He's got himself a lovely looking black/black 2019 HSE LUX, so fingers crossed he'll be lucky.

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Found that post I was referring to, it is on disco4.com, 5th post down in this thread.

Martin wrote:
    No it isn't, mine was set up but the competitor did it first and better Sad

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Dangerdave wrote:
    Maybe he should do a search and pop in to the different forums, however there really is only one https://www.discosportforums.co.uk but beware, the majority have had problems with their Disco Sport and are very vocal about it.

Don’t bother with this forum. It’s mostly dictated by a few very negative users with big chips on their shoulders. Once joined you’d wish you’d never bought a DS.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • chicken george
    United Kingdom 

It’s mostly dictated by a few very negative users with big chips on their shoulders. Once joined you’d wish you’d never bought a computer.

many of the users on the are the same guy with several usernames, he even has conversations with himself,

Chicken George, Land Rover owner for decades , and proud buyer of British products.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

That official sister site to this for Disco Sport is just full of spammer content - all the posts are junk... Surprised it's still live!

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

chicken george wrote:
    It’s mostly dictated by a few very negative users with big chips on their shoulders. Once joined you’d wish you’d never bought a computer.

many of the users on the are the same guy with several usernames, he even has conversations with himself,

Bow down Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Natwest
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

A bit late to help influence, but I recently ran a DS 240 HSE LUX for 12k miles and it was great (my third DS). Only issue was a transmission fluid leak but in a combined 56k across all three it was the only thing that went wrong.

Performance wise it wasn't helped by me trading down from a 300 bhp F-Pace 😎 but when compared to the 180 bhp courtesy DS I had it was a noticeable step in oomph. MPG differed by about 2 mpg max so no great issue there either. Thumbs Up

Now: 19MY Velar D240 HSE R-Dynamic
    On order: 20MY Discovery SD6 HSE w. Dynamic pack
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum