Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Isn't that site public domain ??? +2

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Yes, though a reference is polite. But I think some of you missed the original point....
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Didnt miss the point at all Smile

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 

I didn't mean you!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I spoke to my dealr about this new software and they said steer well clear at the moment as it is not tested and there may be issues still so thats what i am doing

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 

There are five known concerns that I am aware of - one is not relevant to the majority of us in the UK.

I have tested all the others, and have no symptoms to report. A suggestion appears to be that the upgrade path from version to version is the problem - so if you get 19A, the issues may only manifest themselves depending upon the previous version installed. It isn't a wipe and reinstall procedure.

What I can confirm is that, for me, 19A is the best yet and that voice/speech works fine, there are no problems with NAV (time and position in the main) and the Live and Web Browser (which I cannot be bothered with anyway) both work fine.

Reverse camera also works without any juddering.
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

good to hear, is the speed to boot up and respond any better ?..

2019 HSE LUX
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

winger wrote:
    There are five known concerns that I am aware of - one is not relevant to the majority of us in the UK.

I have tested all the others, and have no symptoms to report. A suggestion appears to be that the upgrade path from version to version is the problem - so if you get 19A, the issues may only manifest themselves depending upon the previous version installed. It isn't a wipe and reinstall procedure.

What I can confirm is that, for me, 19A is the best yet and that voice/speech works fine, there are no problems with NAV (time and position in the main) and the Live and Web Browser (which I cannot be bothered with anyway) both work fine.

Reverse camera also works without any juddering.

What about cars with RSE any news on that as that has been problomatic as well

• Labbix

Curious for the RSE as well as it took my dealer a few months and numerous updates/reinstalls/new hardware to have it working, but still not 100% as when I received it when it still had phase 3...But this one had other problems of course.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 

I don't have RSE, but the release is supposed to address some issues and provide general performance improvements.
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 

Spoke to my dealer today...they know nothing about it !!.. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

2019 HSE LUX
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:

I guess this was/is my problem. They installed 3 versions over 5 hours and some stuff (BT, voice control, texting) doesn't work. I think I may have to insist they reset everything at the next upgrade time to see if it fixes the glitches.
  • Notxal
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

I had recently lost all the data connection for the Live traffic and web access so the car went in yesterday. They tried the latest software update but to no effect so it resulted in replacing the hardware and then again loading the latest software - Version S19A_19.07.2-312706

All seems to be working so far although many of the in car functions still need to tried and tested. Only issue I have is that the Remote Apple App now seems not to be working and reverts to the last contact with the car showing the car unlocked, at the garage with the doors and bonnet open which was before the replacement of the hardware and software. I'll talk to the garage again tomorrow.
  • Labbix

Strange dealer did update your car yesterday and that at the SOTA thread there is an image of an even later version of the software... like they update every day or so?
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 

19A Update

Had the update and things are much better....Except now the touchscreen display is stuck on Dark only, the radio / dvd crackles, the maps keep jumping, the third row power recline doesn't work on both sides and the over the air update just gets the wheel of death going round and round....back to the Dealer for another week.... Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

2019 HSE LUX
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum