Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• eelpout
    United States 

i just noticed yesterday that in addition to the Bluetooth not working, the Voice command switch on the steering wheel does nothing. Going into the Voice command screen and pressing Tutorial does nothing either. Sad

though not all is lost because when using Android Auto via a phone, pressing the Voice button on the wheel does bring up the Google voice assistant. Smile

I think my compass doesn't work either BTW.

I have a message into my (US) dealer to see if they know anything about the 19A release.

---

For what it's worth, I had a Jaguar F-Pace for a week in snowy Minnesota this past week (first night we had it, it snowed 9"!). Was shocked at how well this thing did in snow with stock all-season tires. The low traction launch worked great when I parked in a pile of snow. One has to go to the "slippery/snow" mode to get any early engagement of the front wheels in snow, but it performed quite well then. Really, the only thing it's missing is adjutable-height air suspension. Odd that the I-Pace has it and the F-Pace doesn't.

The Jag wasn't free of ICTP issues either: the middle LCD display in the instrument cluster refused to dim and the seat heater, when used, was always set to high, regardless of the three level setting. Neutral

And what's with "premium" level model not having proximity door locks?!? I always had to get the damn key fob out to unlock it. Mr. Green
  • Hedgehog
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Aruba

@paulp:
    It depends where the have looked and made the screenshot. With the old software versions it shows that there is no software update available and the system is at the latest version on your Disco´s screen.I think it is because this versions are not able for update through internet / wifi connection.

@eelpout:
    Seems to be almost like mine Confused
    Are you sure that it is not working or it is just not talking to you? Mine is working when you press the button and wait a while the command list shows up on the screen just showing "127" instead of the commands you can choose. You can give a spoken command and I your are lucky the system does it. It is just dumb!
    The compass I have to check.
    How about the TV? Can you search or switch channels?

Hedgehog
    Disco 4 Nara bronze gone but not forgotten - Disco 5 Luxury Aruba / Light Oyster
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

19A..

19A

2019 HSE LUX
  • eelpout
    United States 

Hedgehog wrote:
    @eelpout:
    Seems to be almost like mine Confused
    Are you sure that it is not working or it is just not talking to you? Mine is working when you press the button and wait a while the command list shows up on the screen just showing "127" instead of the commands you can choose. You can give a spoken command and I your are lucky the system does it. It is just dumb!
    The compass I have to check.
    How about the TV? Can you search or switch channels?

yeah, Voice is not working. pressing the wheel button and waiting does nada (it use to work just fine before the update). and like I said in my other post, if you go directly to the Voice commands screen, the (touch) buttons there do nothing either.

I'm in the US. don't believe we have the TV feature enabled because.... reasons. Wink
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Re: 19A..

Browser wrote:
    19A

Seems this pic is a left hand drive LR with 19A ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Quote:
    Seems this pic is a left hand drive LR with 19A ?

Au point! Wink
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Wink

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 

Software update 19A now released - notes

Here you go...update if you dare !!!

InControl Touch Pro 19A has arrived: Version S19A_19.07.2-312706 Release Notes

Saturday, March 2nd, 2019 by Michael

The latest release notes for InControl Touch Pro (Duo) 19A, enjoy

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION: S19A_19.07.2-312706, PART NUMBER: K8A2-19C204-BB (G2369115) INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 19A
    Release Date: 2019-02-27

New features included in this release

DRIVER ASSISTANCE FEATURES

Improved warning messages for Reverse Traffic Detection.

CLIMATE

It is now possible to adjust the second row temperature controls (where fitted) from the front upper screen.

NAVIGATION

Improved screen for manually adding personal charging stations.
    10" TS only: It is now possible to select numbers and letters on the same screen when entering destination in Navigation system.
    ELECTRIC VEHICLE SCREENS (ELECTRIC VEHICLES ONLY)

Improvements to the auto-add charge station and associated features.
    Touchscreen view improved with updated preferred charging station settings.
    Simplified range map display.

BLUETOOTH® AUDIO

It is now possible to change Bluetooth® device from the BT Audio screen and in media source selection list screen.

INCONTROL TOUCH PRO DUO TOUCHSCREEN

The lower screen will now dim by the same amount as the upper screen when in stealth mode.

TERRAIN RESPONSE SCREEN

Revised terrain response imagery.

WI-FI HOTSPOT (F-TYPE 19MY ONLY)

This update introduces hotspot support for F-Types.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE

ACTIVE EXHAUST BUTTON (VELAR SVA-DYNAMIC ONLY)

Active Exhaust Button now available on lower touchscreen.

BLUETOOTH®

Bluetooth® phone call connection improvements.
    Bluetooth® Media will now reconnect automatically after unplugging iPhone™ from the front portable media interface panel.
    General Bluetooth® usability improvements.

CLIMATE

When auto is selected, changing the distribution mode will cancel auto and the blower speed in the rotary dial will now change to its previous value.

NAVIGATION

When searching for specific Points of Interest (POI) using speech, it is no longer necessary to stipulate a search area.
    Navigation start-up speed improvements.
    Hybrid Charging Station filtering is now possible on PHEV vehicles.

ELECTRIC VEHICLE SCREENS (ELECTRIC VEHICLES ONLY)

Display will now work in low power mode.
    Electric Vehicle (EV) button is now available on the Touchscreen (PHEV vehicles only).
    Creep Mode not correctly displaying in the Touchscreen.
    Estimated time to charge is no longer displayed unless a charging cable is connected to the vehicle.
    Regenerative braking state can now be selected on-screen at start up.

RADIO

General stability improvements – MW Band.
    Tuner screen – various bug fixes.

REVERSE TRAFFIC DETECTION

‘Reverse Traffic Detection not available’ message will no longer be displayed on touchscreen when system is active.

SMARTPHONE PACK FEATURES

Fixed Smartphone feature failure to launch at startup.
    (China only) improved robustness when switching from iPhone™ to Baidu session.
    (InControl Touch Duo only) CarPlay screen is not aligned with the center of the Touchscreen when launched while source selection screen displayed.
    Loss of audio mid-cycle when listening to Spotify with Apple CarPlay.
    Improved Android Auto connection strategy.

SYSTEM

STARTUP

General start-up improvements.

GOODBYE SCREEN

Goodbye screen will no longer appear at the wrong time when the engine is switched off.

MULTIMEDIA PLAYBACK

General stability improvements.

SPEECH DATABASE UPDATES

Update of Speech Database using service screen – robustness improvements.

SVR LOGO (SVR VEHICLES ONLY)

SVR Logo no longer changes size during start-up.

REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT

General robustness improvements.
    The rear screens no longer default to on at start up.

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE

REAR VIEW CAMERA JUDDER
    The camera image is not displaying as smoothly as it should be, this is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

2019 HSE LUX
  • roverhaul
    United States 

browser wrote:

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION: S19A_19.07.2-312706, PART NUMBER: K8A2-19C204-BB (G2369115) INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 19A

Hi all, not trying to be a jerk but if you're going to just copy and paste from my website and actually leave my name in the post, maybe just give some attribution back to my site? Even the picture showing the 19A LHD ICTP screen was submitted to my Twitter.

Thanks,

Michael
    ovalnews.com
  • PaulP
    Spain 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Hedgehog wrote:
    @paulp:
    It depends where the have looked and made the screenshot. With the old software versions it shows that there is no software update available and the system is at the latest version on your Disco´s screen.I think it is because this versions are not able for update through internet / wifi connection.

Do you mean on the ICTP screen? Or on the dealer's Pathfinder system?

They showed me a "print screen" of their Pathfinder which they also confirmed was fully updated. But...in no moment could I see anything related to the software numbers we usually discuss here (2017A, 2018C etc etc). It looked like they were maybe trying to update one of the modules of the ICTP system and not the main user-facing software itself.

As nobody else has mentioned that the new versions are not available in their country, I guess that it is not market-specific (ACP/AA pack maybe is?).

If this is true, then does anyone with a good knowledge of Pathfinder know what I have to explain to them to get them to "find" the update and apply it?

They're great guys, but the D5 is still a bit new to them and I just need to point them in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Paul
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 

roverhaul wrote:
    browser wrote:

Hi all, not trying to be a jerk but if you're going to just copy and paste from my website and actually leave my name in the post, maybe just give some attribution back to my site? Even the picture showing the 19A LHD ICTP screen was submitted to my Twitter.

Thanks,

Michael
    ovalnews.com

Michael, no offence intended - This from Oval News, I thought it had it in there with your name ... : Smile

2019 HSE LUX
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I DON'T dare Laughing

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Seems to be working just fine. Smoother and faster.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Browser wrote:
    roverhaul wrote:
    browser wrote:

Thanks,

Michael
    ovalnews.com

Michael, no offence intended - This from Oval News, I thought it had it in there with your name ... : Smile

Touchy

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

+1 Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum