Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I will try that later ( on holiday in France ), do you think it could just be that the phone was already paired before ACP installed?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

It should work paired to both Bluetooth and ACP. If you connect via Lightening port it will default to ACP unless you have set the car to ask each time for ACP, ICA or None. Set to ICA or none it will then connect the phone via Bluetooth (if paired).

I’ve had ACP since it’s release but only saw these issues once 19A was installed. Maybe (I hope) something got corrupted somewhere with ICTP or the iPhone.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • bammmy

simonh wrote:
    Ok. So I deleted all pairing for ACP and Bluetooth from my iPhone. Put car to sleep (locked and left it for long enough to shut down). Did a force reset of my iPhone (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios) and then reconnected the phone to Bluetooth and ACP.

So far it’s now reconnecting very quickly every single time to ACP even after a short engine off and phone disconnect (i.e. when refuelling) which it never did.

Also tested with someone calling into my iPhone while connect with ACP and I can now hear them speaking. Phone audio has returned.

Will keep an eye on it of course and if it starts to play up I’ll keep my appointment with my dealer next week and ask them if they can re-install 19A again.

Off to try that method on mine, will update shortly. Fingers crossed.👍
  • bammmy

Worked once then back to square one.
    Tried and tried but still in same predicament 😥
  • jungle42
    Luxembourg 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

19A works like a charm (I came from 18C) what I did notice was that navigation works right after starting the car so no more "navigation not available" messages. The navigation stripe on the home screen also got 2 new buttons, one for 'get me home now' and another for stop navigation. I have the impression that the overall navigation experience is much faster.
    ACP now works even better, less fiddling with cable in and out to try to get it to work after several stops and starts.

MY17 HSE Luxury Corris Grey 3.0 si6 with Black Pack 21 inch
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

bammmy wrote:
    Worked once then back to square one.
    Tried and tried but still in same predicament 😥

Damn ! I will try mine again for incoming calls and see if it’s still OK.

ACP is vastly better at launching now still. Almost instant even after a short stop.

I did get a lot of “Live not available” messages yesterday. Not sure if that’s the car or the Live service was fooked at the time.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

OK. Newsflash !

Published today:

SSM74417 - Voice cannot he heard during a received phone call

Describes the issue exactly and points to the issues being experienced since iOS 12.2 was released. Apple released iOS 12.3 the other day which I have installed. Maybe this has fixed it? Need to test later with some more incoming calls to be sure.

Bammmy - what iOS version are you using?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • bammmy

Hi simonh ,
    12.3 for me😳
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Ah. OK Sad

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

My motor is ready for collection at 6pm after an apparently "successful" 19a update.

Will report back later Smile
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Where do you find the version?

Ta
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

The initial view is that the speed of the screen interface has improved noticeably ...not sure if OTA is active ..just says 'your software is up to date' or similar. Will further report over the weekend.
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

I'm having real issues with Android Auto. I picked up my 6 month old D5 at the weekend and had asked the dealer to install the smartphone pack at additional cost, which he did.

After a lot of faffing removing and re-adding my phone, Androud Auto finally works when I plug in my phone...but not every time. Sometimes it will connect straight away, but then disconnect after a minute or so. Sometimes it will take longer to connect and then stay connected for 20 minutes and basically anything in between. I thought it was the USB socket or cable, so I bought a new cable, but reading the issues here, it seems clear it is the software.

I've had a look for my SW version and it doesn't specify 19A2 as has been reported here, it's more like 19A_blablabla. I specifically asked my dealer to ensure it had 19A2, but I think he or his service department have just fobbed me off by saying it 'must be up to date, as otherwise it wouldn't have the smartphone pack'.

In this current state it is unuseable. Add this to the other quirky issues I'm experiencing with reversing sensors, battery going flat and radar blocked cruise control problems, its really taking the shine off what was otherwise an exciting new purchase.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

19A2 doesn't exist ...I think the OP just called it that as they installed it twice? Confused

What phone are you using for AA ?...it could be that you need to update the app permissions
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

Yes you're quite right, I read this thread originally prior to getting the car and so had nothing to compare to Wink .

I'll check exactly what version it is when I get home tonight. It's a Pixel 2 XL. I've checked permissions within AA and it is set to full permissions (assuming I'm looking in the right place). It seems so temperamental, it would be strange if it's a setting somewhere causing it to disconnect for no reason...?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum