Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

AA had an update in the Playstore 3 weeks ago so it might be worth checking you are up to date. As for the settings ...see if there is any difference when set to auto-launch Smile
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

The first thing I checked was an AA update. My apps are updated automatically and so there weren't any sadly.

It was set to auto launch, as it would connect fine on occasion. I guess I'll have another play with the settings tonight and see what does what.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

Odd ... I hope you can resolve it ...I have a Samsung S10+ and it works very well.

AA worked fine both before on 18C and after 19A ...do you have access to another phone you could test with?
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

Spent a while messing about with it last night and ended up in a worse position than I started, in so much that I can't even get it to connect at all now. As it happens, the phone is being replaced any day, so it'll be interesting to see how the new one behaves (or likely not).

It's booked in in June for warranty work, so they're going to look at this too if the new phone still produces the same issues.
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

Another update. Got a new Android handset today and it seems to work reliably using the included cable. I had a 30 min drive home and it remained connected with the official cable for the whole journey. Funnily enough, the Amazon Basics cable I'd specifically bought for this job wouldn't even allow it to connect. That's the same cable (as well as others) that my Pixel had been temperamental with.

Out of interest, I did a factory reset on the Pixel later on and then tried it again and it now seemed to connect ok. I tried both the Amazon cable and the OnePlus cable and both worked. Albeit I only had it connected for a couple of minutes, I didn't experience any of the connectivity issues like before. Admittedly a whole journey would have been a better test.

So, the moral of the story is two fold:

- The cable may have an impact on connectivity and it shouldn't be assumed that any cable will work.

- The handset itself might get screwy over a period of time and benefit from a fresh rebuild. I know the permissions can end up messy if not careful.

I'll monitor it for the next 3 weeks as it is going in for warranty work, one item being the infotainment. So I'll gladly put my hand up and check that off if it behaves between now and then🤫.

One question though, has anyone noticed that if you use Spotify via Bluetooth only, you will get the album artwork in the single dial speedo/media left dash arrangement, but if you use Android Auto, you don't (even though it shows artwork in the AA interface)? Looks like a bug to me. It's no deal breaker, but it's a shame as it works very well otherwise, and obviously makes the dash look a bit sparse😂
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I agree on the cable, also true for iPhones. I bought a generic 10cm USB-lightning cable to keep the phone under the centre console lid but that would not work. Now have a 50cm Apple one, that works fine.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

IndusD4 wrote:
    I agree on the cable, also true for iPhones. I bought a generic 10cm USB-lightning cable to keep the phone under the centre console lid but that would not work. Now have a 50cm Apple one, that works fine.

I thought about having it under the centre console lid as well. Mine just fits if you put in the middle of the left and right trays and into the centre rear one. In an ideal world, you'd be able to have it plugged in nice and neatly without having to squish the lid on the cable. To do that, the cable would need to poke into the deep fridge space and then up behind the tray, which would mean drilling holes etc.

Did you do that, or just have the cable sitting wherever it lands?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

DG wrote:
    The initial view is that the speed of the screen interface has improved noticeably ...not sure if OTA is active ..just says 'your software is up to date' or similar. Will further report over the weekend.

Dealer needs to activate it Whistle

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

I figured it could be active but as there are no new updates then I wouldn't know Laughing
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

It says that on mine with it activated (it’s currently showing the latest version is installed) and did before today when it wasn’t activated.

Assume it will now change and show any incremental updates to download.

I doubt 19B will be over the air though as it’s a major update.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Tempted wrote:
    Did you do that, or just have the cable sitting wherever it lands?

I didn't, it is just plugged into the USB port then into the cup holders. Not a neat solution I know.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum