Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 is finally here

Finally got my hands on my new Discovery yesterday, after a five month wait since initially putting pen on paper.

It's a HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 in Carpathian Grey with Glacier leather, plus a couple of option packs (technology for HUD/adaptive LEDs/solar windscreen and driver assist for 360 cameras and something else). 21 inch wheels wearing Pirelli Scorpion Zero all season tyres.

So far, blown away by the comfort and spec on this car. Still learning all of its tricks. The Cruise assist is basically self-driving without lane change capability and is pretty impressive.

The ride is sublime and the optional Adaptive Dynamics (active dampers) make a significant difference in tidying the handling through direction switches. It's very, very quiet and I'm loving interrupting that as I have an opening sunroof for the first time in years.

It's quick for its size. Easy to drop other cars, if not 440i easy.

825w Meridian Surround sound is astoundingly good. One of the key reasons I went for the top of the range model.

Boot is huge and toddler daughter loves her seat in the back.

That's it for now. I'm honestly in disbelief that I've got such a brilliant car sat on my drive.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Pleased you like it. They are fab cars and even when you (hopefully you won't) consider changing for something different you just can't match it's blend of abilities. Thumbs Up

By the way, what are the differences between yours and the MY19 that I have?

Hse Lux SDV6
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Blackdog, I think you are right about it’s blend of abilities.

MY19 and MY20 are all but identical I think. I was originally ordering the former and nothing changed in my build apart from prices and colours.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Really pleased you like it too. I'm on my third Disco after a 335d, and the change from fairly fast saloon to big chunk Disco 4 was a big jump. But I haven't looked back once.

I'd trade the mighty driving position, comfort and space of a Discovery for a Beemer any day now!

Do post some pics of the mighty machine. Our kids absolutely love mine. Although, when my wife got her Tiguan, that won favour for a while purely 'cos they like the 'tables' on the back of the front seats....

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Having a lot of trouble uploading pics so here is one for now!

• Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Looks fabulous, put some more photos on👍

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

Looking very nice, glad you've finally picked it up! I saw someone had used cruise assist for quite a long trip, crazy what these cars are capable of nowadays. I wasn't aware until a week before pick up that the SE had Park Assist as standard, was quite amazed at its accuracy. Enjoy!

20MY Si4 SE in Eiger Grey/Black Pack/Black Alloys
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Some more photos Smile

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

That's really very nice indeed.

And to the OP who mentioned Park Assist - had mine nearly a year and still not used it once. I can't figure it out!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the positive comments folks, I am really pleased how the colour combo turned out. Especially the Glacier interior, which I had not seen at all until ours was delivered, phew!

As you say, 747_JK, quite a change from a quick BMW. When dropping down into my (pristine, low-mileage, 2-year old) 440i, it frankly seemed awkward and a bit rough after being in the test Discos I had borrowed. Which was a bit of a shock! And they also felt a distinct cut above the direct competition - X5, XC90, Q7 etc- at least for my tastes.

Yes, Bobdisco, the cruise assist is pretty impressive. Great on the motorway and surprisingly capable off it (although I won’t use it off the motorway, that was just a test). Park Assist will probably be tried out to see if my wife likes it - she will be an occasional driver so the parking aid might be good in an unfamiliar and much bigger car. We’ve never engaged the park assist button in her little Auris in six years though!

• Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Wow the light interior always looks luxurious, what a great car. We had ours just on two year now and and I still love it. Enjoy😀

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Ah, happy days...last summer is literally another life for me. The car news is that this beauty will be going back in the next month. As I have detailed in other threads, a repeating fault that left it off the road for about six weeks over Xmas and January/February meant that it was rejected.

It was repaired post-rejection and I've actually been able to retain use of it for almost six months whilst the replacement was built - heavily delayed due to Covid.

I'll never forget this car and what it meant to me at the time. Will miss the classical colour combo, although I am sure I will love the new one too. I'll probably update the thread again when she finally goes next month Big Cry

• Labbix

On what grounds can you actually reject a car in the UK?
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

IIRC - first month, any fault. Second month to end of first six months, you have to give one chance to repair but have the right to reject if the fault recurs.

I was told that, if I chose not to reject in the first six months, LR would likely allow me up to 12 months to reject due to the issues. In the event, I opted to reject before the six months were up.

• Labbix

And the rejection went smooth, no denying from JLR or playing difficult?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum