• marvin
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si4 HSE Corris Grey

Plus I didn’t need to pay £200...
  • Labbix

From ovalnews.com

InControl Touch Pro 19B: Version S19B_19.35.5-418001 Release Notes
    Full release notes for 19B (S19B_19.35.5-418001):

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION: S19B_19.35.5-418001, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: LK72-19C204-BA (G2417191)
    IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER)
    Software Release Date: 2019-09-17

NEW FEATURES INCLUDED IN THIS RELEASE

SMARTPHONE PACK
    Where the vehicle can support it the Smartphone pack will be permanently enabled for Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto or Baidu CarLife in China with this update, even when updated using SOTA

(I-PACE ONLY)
    CLIMATE CONTROL
    Climate functionality will now be fully supported when the ignition is on

MEDIA PLAYER
    On start-up media sources will now be remembered from last drive cycle
    When playing a podcast a ‘+15’ seconds and ‘-15’ seconds will be displayed

(ELECTRIC VEHICLES ONLY)
    NAVIGATION
    Charging stations reachable with 1-4% of battery charge on arrival will now be displayed. Previously only charging stations reachable with 5% or more of battery charge on arrival would be displayed
    Recharge on route now uses vehicle state of charge to plot charging points more accurately

SOTA
    Improved SOTA screens
    New notification icon for SOTA Update Pending
    With the WI-FI change below, SOTA will be available for all InControl Touch Pro Vehicles with this software

WI-FI
    Systems that were previously unable to connect to Wi-Fi can now do so, this enables SOTA for these vehicles

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
    GENERAL/SYSTEM
    General performance improvements
    General stability improvements
    The issue of no audio being available for a whole drive cycle seen in 19A is fixed in this update
    Side Panel theme will no longer change when the date format is changed

AUDIO QUALITY
    The user should longer(LAND ROVER TYPO) hear sporadic popping sounds coming from the speakers

SMART PHONE PACK
    ANDROID AUTO
    Improved google maps navigation audio when playing media using Android Auto
    When a phone is connected by Android Auto the phone will no longer show as a Bluetooth® source as well
    Android Auto Icon will now always disappear after the phone is disconnected
    Audio replies to questions to Android Auto will no longer sometimes be truncated
    General improved stability
    The Android phone header will now always be displayed with the Android Auto icon
    APPLE CARPLAY
    Improved display of Apple CarPlay
    When playing media from Apple CarPlay it will be displayed in the media view
    The issue of the receiver of an outgoing call made using apple CarPlay sometimes not being able to hear the caller has been fixed

BLUETOOTH® PHONE
    When system is set to French, messages will no longer be read out in English
    (SDARS only) Messages received when skipping through SDARS channels will no longer be lost

BAIDU CARLIFE
    Improved Baidu CarLife connectivity

AMBIENT LIGHTING
    Fixed the ambient lighting control screen sometimes not displaying correctly

BLUETOOTH®
    (Chinese language only) Bluetooth® name will no longer change after switching media to RSE (RSE)
    Issue sometimes preventing Bluetooth® Audio playing for a drive cycle has been fixed

CD PLAYER
    Improved user experience when switching between playing media with Apple CarPlay and CD

CLIMATE CONTROL
    Temperature settings and adjustments will be available in the climate landing screen
    When the vehicle is in defrost mode the purify icon will be disabled as the function will not operate in defrost mode
    Third Row Climate Controls will only be available when the engine is running are they will not work when it is not.
    Temperature unit will no longer change from Celsius to Fahrenheit in Side Panel when system language changed to Portuguese
    Temperature control on rear screens will now work even when all zones are set to high
    (North American Vehicles only)Smart Climate incorrectly showing the front passenger seat occupancy status

CONNECTIVITY
    Signal bars for vehicle connection strength will now display correctly
    When a phone is connected, Wi-Fi will now automatically enable after a power cycle
    Error message "Unable to connect (015)" has been replaced with the more appropriate ‘Data limit reached. Add more mobile data to continue using (name of feature being used) and try again.’

ELECTRIC VEHICLE SETUP SCREEN
    Creep mode will remain active until user deactivates it

RADIO
    DAB RADIO
    Improved DAB reliability
    (Head Up Display (HUD)vehicles only) Media information for DAB radio will now be displayed correctly in the HUD
    AM/FM RADIO
    (InControl touch pro Duo only) Interactive Display Module ‘A’ (IDMA) will now show AM not FM when AM radio is playing
    SATELLITE RADIO
    SDARS will now always launch first time
    SDARS screen will now load correctly every time
    The correct song will now always play when selected from the satellite radio play list
    General stability improvements

DUAL VIEW SCREENS
    Improved DVD play back image when a display theme is selected
    White patch in settings icon of Bluetooth® browse view settings icon in Dual view has been removed

ECO DATA SCREEN
    Improved accuracy for ECO data when climate control is in ECO mode

FORWARD TRAFFIC DETECTION
    Forward Traffic Detection alert will no longer stick on if the camera view is changed during an alert

PERSONALIZATION
    Keys can now be switched to different existing profiles
    LIVE
    ‘Live’ will now launch from the ‘Extra Feature’s’ screen every time
    Issue of ‘Live’ sometimes not launching has been fixed
    ‘Live’ will no longer skip to the first page when opening a second one.
    Issue of ‘Live’ applications sometimes only opening over part of the screen has been fixed

MEDIA PLAYER
    Improved handling of the track duration bar
    Tracks will no longer sometimes automatically pause 3 seconds before the end.
    Correct graphic will now be shown in the background of the IPC (IPC) media panel
    The issue stopping a podcast resuming after receiving then finishing a call has been fixed

NAVIGATION
    STANDARD NAVIGATION
    Improved stability when resuming a route
    Improved accuracy of voice guidance
    Improved accuracy of safety cameras
    Empty pop up screens will no longer be displayed
    Improved "Send to Driver" from Rear screens experience
    Improved map display when traffic side panel displayed
    The map displayed in the IPC will now always match the map in the touchscreen
    Improved reliability of address summary screen when the city selected is not unique
    Improved route calculation
    General improved reliability
    (Japan vehicles only)Rear screens will no longer display the Navigation icon as it cannot be used
    Improved Traffic Info stability
    When the map license is extended, the status will update immediately
    ELECTRIC VEHICLE NAVIGATION FEATURES
    Navigation will no longer reset after switching the IPC to full map view.
    Improved charge station searching

PARKING AID
    Issue of missing parking aid beeps has been fixed
    When in reverse, the Parking aid 360 pop up will now work when selected

RSE
    Rear screens will no longer activate when opening the front console panel
    Time displayed on the rear screen will now match the front Touchscreen
    "SIRIUS XM" button is now functional in "All Settings" in RSE
    Smother operation of climate on the rear screen when using the remote control
    (Rear Massage seat vehicles only) Massage location now called upper back and lower back on the rear screens to align with the front screen

SEAT CONTROLS
    Passenger seat icon now correctly displayed after favorite seat settings are selected
    Climate buttons will no longer be lost if the seat screen in opened multiple times in the same ignition cycle
    The buttons for the seat massage for lower back and back are no longer swapped

SPEECH
    Improved graphics of Speech tutorial
    Improved speech ‘Call Contact’ reliability

TELEVISION
    Television reception will now recover automatically after leaving a low reception area
    Television will now only show ‘No reception’ when there is really no reception
    (Brazil Vehicles only) Touchscreen will no longer show a blank screen after Brazil Television runs for around 2 minutes 30 seconds and rear screen will no longer show "No reception" message

TERRAIN RESPONSE
    This update will make sure comfort program is highlighted when selected
    This update will stop Terrain Response mode from blinking after being selected
    Terrain Response mode will be displayed in the correct language (not just English)

TEXT TO SPEECH
    Text to Speech will now behave correctly if it is played, then stopped, then played again

TIMED CLIMATE
    Timed climate will now use the same icon in both the menus it can be launched from

TRANSLATIONS
    Improved Translations for all languages

VALET MODE
    Improved phone reconnection reliability went(LAND ROVER TYPO) exiting Valet Mode

WADE SENSING
    Improved graphics on wade sensing screen when on a hill

WEB BROWSER
    A horizontal scroll bar is now displayed when a web page has been zoomed into
    General speed and reliability improvements

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE
    THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS SOFTWARE RELEASE.
  • bammmy

Hello,
    I had/have the SOTA but nothing is mentioned about the 19B software although I think I have the latest 19A version, is 19B available in the UK.
    Mines a 19 plate HSE.
    Cheers.
    Mark
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I had 19A by SOTA, but availability of 19B not yet showing. Assumed it is rolled out perhaps by batches of VIN numbers. Currently just says software up to date.
  • bammmy

That’s what mine says. Will have to keep an eye on both this forum and my car👍👍👍
  • MrGandFriends
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

19b is a full update and won’t be done over SOTA. Dealer only.

My Velar is being done Friday this week, and I’ll book the D5 into be done when collecting.

There are enough fixes in 19b where I can replicate issues that the dealer will do it at next availability.

Will update once done.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Really? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

• MrGandFriends
    United Kingdom 

Dealers! Pah!

You really cannot believe a word they say can you!!!!!

Well let us all know the differences you find 👍🏼

#donttrustdealers 😂
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

It’s only a 77MB download. Mine downloaded and installed in about 15 mins over 4G with the cars SIM. It wasn’t showing as available until I tapped check for updates.

Just need engine running and then a lock up. Leave 5 mins to shutdown and then restart the car.

Easy.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Labbix

I will have my ‘first’ service tomorrow (after the oil and filter change before the software update regarding oil dilution of course). Will ask to update, but wonder if here the latest version is available, most probably not Wink
  • MrGandFriends
    United Kingdom 

simonh wrote:
    It’s only a 77MB download. Mine downloaded and installed in about 15 mins over 4G with the cars SIM. It wasn’t showing as available until I tapped check for updates.

Just need engine running and then a lock up. Leave 5 mins to shutdown and then restart the car.

Easy.

Have done the check for updates but nothing has showed up so still with 19a. That said the Velar updated to 19b today ......
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Are you sure the D5 has SOTA enabled ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • MrGandFriends
    United Kingdom 

Could possibly be the case I suppose.

I’ll check with dealer later this week. It does check for the update but says none available?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

It will check but never offer an update unless the dealer has enabled SOTA Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Labbix

Even available in Albania!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum