Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Why not put the dog in a cage in the rear?
  • Labergorce
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Thanks Ceegee, if you only had the guard and not the divider would you be able to raise and lower the third row of seats with it in place?
    cheers
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Labergorce wrote:
    Does anyone know if the LR half height dog guard or the travail or guardsman ones allow the third row of seats to be deployed while it's in situ?
    cheers

With LR half height dog guard, you can not deploy the third row (first you have a sign that you are not allowed to and the second the connection points on the legs of the guard are bright enough to cover a part of the third-row seats angles and it stops the seats from opening. But you still can disconnect the guard, open the seats and connect it back if you want

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • Whippetman
    England 

IndusD4 wrote:
    I have the "Loadspace partition full height - VPLRS0374" fitted but it rattles at the top. The purple sections are spring loaded into the frame and are loose:

Anyone got any ideas of how to stop the rattle? It would pretty much be a permanent fixture in the car but it might be good to be able to take it out still. We have 2 Retrievers and a Weimaraner pup joining the pack early September.

Thanks
    Ron

This retails at £340 in uk and rattles.
    I had it and eventually got a full refund for mine.
    The Trevall half guard at around £130 is much better and easier to fit/ remove without rattles Thumbs Up

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Jambo
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

I have the LR one which initially rattled at the top as others have mentioned (although only on one side). Quick fix for me was to wrap black insulating tape around the top connector - two or three layers and now the connector is a snug fit, so it doesn't rattle and the tape isn't noticable Thumbs Up

Works a treat and I leave the guard in place permanently, unless I need to use third row seats.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Dealer tried that trick but rattle came back after a month.
    It’s not an easy item to keep taking out and then refitting with more tape.
    Anyway at £300 plus why should you put up with sticky tape??
    I didn’t....

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Try using plastic flexible tubing. The type you get on air horns. Just cut it to size and split down the middle and wrap it around the purple part.

I did something similar on the trailers cage, on both the rear door latches. Was driving me mad all that rattling, so the tubing did the trick and wont wear out like the tape does. Nice and tight now. Comes in various diameters and thicknesses Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Whippetman
    England 

I guess it’s a first world problem Confused Confused

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum