Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• petet
    United Kingdom 

phone problem on the move 'call in handset'

a strange problem with phone in recent weeks. Phone is BT connected and if the car is stationary I can make calls using voice commands or touchscreen. However, several times recently when trying to make a call on the move, the call has connected to the number but no audio in the car and called number cannot hear anything either. Message on display 'call in handset'! Stop in a layby and repeat the call, with the engine still running and all is fine! On at least one occasion when a call in motion has failed, the called number has called back and I've received call normally whilst still driving. Anybody else have similar problems? I don't use phone much but like to be able to use it when I need to.
    Pete
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Is your software up to date? Are you using Apple Carplay?
  • petet
    United Kingdom 

software up to date - was in dealers for update only a couple of weeks ago, Using in-control, phone is Android (Moto G) and has worked fine for most of the year. Weird how it seems to work with vehicle stationary with engine running but not when moving.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Maybe last update is the problem?

I guess you are on 19B or 19C?

It is not unknown for one update to fix a problem and at the same time create another! Big Cry

Maybe someone with Android Auto will be along to comment soon. Thumbs Up .
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

No issues with Android Auto when cars driving or stationary.

Running 19B currently, and only found out by mistake last week that you can physically say the phone number, not just the name, and it automatically dials it.😂

Will look at updating with 19C, when back in the UK from our Xmas break. Just hope it doesn't affect it.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • petet
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for replies, perhaps I should try using Android Auto, although I had wondered whether it was worth the bother as the straight In-Control seemed to do plenty (when it worked).
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Yep, same issue here. We're on 19B. Calls from the car, the other person can't hear anything but if the car receives the call, all is well. That is using the JLR bluetooth rather than Android Auto
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Does this happen in same place on your journey? I have similar issue, music streaming via blue tooth breaks up, and if stay in that area long enough car drops bt connection completely, will reconnect shortly after, started happening on 18C, continued on 19B & 19C. Tried my phone paired to RRS and same thing, I'm currently using Motorola phone, works I phone and wifes Samsung dont suffer in same places, strongly suspect its interference causing Bt to drop out, happenes at work wheres there's a phone mast and by a hospital and a police station, its very repeatable.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • petet
    United Kingdom 

at least seems I'm not the only one, lucero's experience exactly the same as mine. Doesn't seem to matter where I am, just can't make calls on the move any more, but can receive calls.
  • petet
    United Kingdom 

Software update to 19C and all is now well.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum