Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Lilolill
    United Kingdom 

Locking at access height.

Hi ,
    Had my20 disco now two months but over the past week it’s locked the suspension height after start up in access height, I’ve checked the auto access height settings but this makes no difference. It usually goes from normal height to access upon stopping and opening a door but then goes back to normal upon driving off. I get the warning indicator come on warning I’m still in access height when driving off. Am I missing something or is it phone call time ?.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

There is the option to lock access height by pressing and holding the down button. You can unlock it again by pressing and holding the up button. Have you tried this?

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Lilolill
    United Kingdom 

Thx for the reply, tried that still goes goes back to access mode and stays there. Tried everything in the online manual. Has anyone else had this ?
  • Labbix

Nope, think it’s best to call the dealer and ask or bring them a visit. Seems like a sensor failure to me
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Ring Landover assist, that will short cut getting into dealer and get you a loan vehicle straight away.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Ray Lewis
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Suspension woes

Hi,
    wondering if you have had any success in solving the problem? Mine suffered from the failed pressure reservoir in the compressor (reported in this forum) which was replaced under warranty but now, a year later, it is going to the access height automatically when I stop and even whilst still driving slowly when parking. Driving away it returns to normal height. I am guessing that the reservoir is losing pressure though whether that is a sensor, software, valve or genuine leak I don't know. Have to bite the bullet and head to LR.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

They are supposed to lower to access height automatically when you park. They partly lower when you stop then fully lower when you open the door.

There is an option to turn this off in the settings accessed from the steering wheel button.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Had the same problem last week. Locked at access height for hitching the trailer up, via the button next to the gear selector. Came up with the orange lock 🔒on the dash and on the actual button.

However after going faster than 20mph car automatically raised to normal height, even though it was supposedly locked.

I then tried off road height and car never lowered even after going above 20 mph.

Mrs always leaves it in access height so she is non the wiser when I asked her.

Only time used raised height is when am washing under the cars wheel arches.

Will mention to the dealer when it's in for the service, along with the no Forward Detection message on the infotainment system.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Following as these are interesting, i never bother with acxess height (got side steps) and rarely need offroad height, but havent had an issue. Occasionally i drop the back end if kids want to sit on the tailflap to change their wellies lol

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Had the same problem last week. Locked at access height for hitching the trailer up, via the button next to the gear selector. Came up with the orange lock 🔒on the dash and on the actual button.

However after going faster than 20mph car automatically raised to normal height, even though it was supposedly locked.

I then tried off road height and car never lowered even after going above 20 mph.

All of this is normal and explained in the user manual.

Locked access height automatically unlocks and returns to normal height at 25mph.

Off-road height 2 (+75mm) automatically lowers to off-road height 1 (+40mm) at 31 Mph then down to normal height at 50mph.

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

As JonM says Thumbs Up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Plus with zero suspension travel, wouldn't want to go far on access height

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum