• Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

what make is that awning?

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • BruceT
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Fuji White

It’s an Eazi Awn Swift. Take a look on YouTube. Very easy to set up by one person.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 

thanks, looks interesting

• Blackfly
    Canada 

Took mine to see some snow drifts

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 7th Mar 2020 11:24 pm. Edited 4 times in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Did a 250 mile round trip in the courtesy car today. The 3l SD6. (Cars just gone in for its 2 year service).

Wow, I am seriously impressed at the power/torque and almost instant response from the throttle. Felt just as fast as our 3L Petrol. Fuel economy wise getting 100 miles more on the diesel tank when brimmed against the petrol. Just a pity it doesn't have a tow bar as would have liked to see how good the engine is towing a 1 tonne load. Am pretty sure that it would have easily coped, and probably not noticing that I was even towing.

Engine is a bit more raspier when on the go and when ticking over, compared to the petrol but still very quiet. Far better power delivery than our old 3l TD6 which was quite vocal in comparison to the SD6.

Running on 20 inch tyres which I found were just as comfortable as our 22's. No real difference over potholes and bumps, but was expecting them to be a bit more forgiving.

Possibly not though as tyres have done quite a bit of miles on them. May have been different if the tyres were new.

Another nice feature the Mrs commented on was the bluetooth feature. The MY19 has the gloss black touch sensitive buttons on the steering wheel whereas the MY18 has got the normal push buttons.

When calling or receiving, the white phone logo on the steering wheel changes from a grey/white to either a red or green symbol for answering or hanging up.

Really nice feature, as can accept or decline a call without staring at the infotainment system, and taking your eyes off the road.

I never even noticed until she rang me. (On the MY18 the red and green logos just come up on the infotainment system).

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Much prefer my 18my SE without the glossy black plastic, no smeary finger prints. Was driving a FFRR last week, in the sunshine couldnt see the lower touch screen, just loads of smeary finger marks.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

@roadrunner2017

Yes, the SD6 is a real muscular peach isn’t it? I came from a 326bhp 3.0 turbo petrol in a 1600kg 440i. Yet In average driving I don’t notice any lack of performance.

Sure, if a wide empty road opens up on me, I can’t have that little buzz winding it round to 7k rpm as the HUD mph spins up almost instantly, but for 99% of the week the SD6 is plenty. Impressive in a car of this weight. Very smooth too.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I totally agree Equilibrium. Amazing what an extra 60bhp does.
    It takes alot to impress me but LR have nailed it with this engine. When I briefly had the 256bhp TD6, I posted then on the forum that it needed at least 300 bhp, as I was having to floor the car further back for a safe overtake so that the single turbo could spool up as so much lag. Glad they brought the twin turbos back Thumbs Up

• Labbix

But a real shame they only make it available in some parts of Europe... like the adaptive suspension.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes it's a shame. You would think they would make the specs international.
    (Obviously stuff like Digital TV and DAB radio wont work in certain developing countries). However I can't see why adaptive suspension is not included internationally. Especially with the state of some of the roads abroad, it would showcase how well the vehicle handles. However maybe the adaptive suspension would take a battering on potholed roads so LR engineers have advised against it in some countries. Avoids the hassle to the dealer I suppose. Basic spec is better may be the logic behind it? Rolling Eyes

• TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

According to my log, I made two trips in February totalling 6.3 miles.
    Think I may need to get out more ....... Rolling with laughter

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Picked up the new van from Adelaide.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • ilron
    Norway 

Fitted sidesteps and rack.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum